Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
trippled
post Aug 19 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Wahey! I posted!
Group Icon

Group: Members

What software & gear is best for making covers?

Rahl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 19 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

I would have to say Adobe Photoshop just because i use it.

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Aug 19 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

yep, the way to go (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Aug 20 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

other option is paint shop pro,adobes the dogs bollocks..but paint shops more user freindly.

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 20 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

My Favorite Cover Designer:
EuroBoy

Would have to agree if you are willing to learn photoshop cs2 then thats the best way to go,But as stated if your looking for something more user friendly and less complicated then Paint Shop Pro is a good choice.

I however use Paint Shop Pro myself,but still use Photoshop for various other effects and most importantly to justify text which Paint Shop Pro is incapable of doing.

I also have corel draw but not got around to giving that a try yet!!!

if you look around the threads in help section you will find lists of sites for tutorials for these programmes,also plugin filters/brushes/masks/ect.

Also if you are starting out and not sure sure try starting with dvd cover studio templates it's the way i started,then progress to your own unique ideas and layouts.I'd never advise anyone from using studio templates as it's a great way for new cover artists that are just starting out to get used to these these type of Photographic software.

Good luck in your choice and look forward to seeing your first dvd covers (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

boemba
post Aug 20 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

I also do use Photoshop, and next to that i use Iphotozoom to enlarge images. I do like to know how some of the artist here grab the HQ movie captures? cant find a good application for that. all software do grab in 72dpi.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 20 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

I get my screen caps of the internet, just type in the name of the film and add stills to the end e.g Snakes On A Plane Stills (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Filled requests · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 03:36 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS