Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
donobieus
post Aug 2 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Had an idea for this when I saw the pic of the surfboard. What do you think?

(IMG:http://home.comcast.net/~obie/point-break.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 2 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Guests

no no no.... a big nude pic of keanu!!!...thats the way to go (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

MadLeap
post Aug 2 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(lulubelle @ Aug 2 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]16757[/snapback]
no no no.... a big nude pic of keanu!!!...thats the way to go (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Reminds me a lot of mine, except my surfboard is in the sand and has stuff around it.

If you'd like to see it, and I'll post it.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Aug 3 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(MadLeap @ Aug 2 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]16762[/snapback]
Reminds me a lot of mine, except my surfboard is in the sand and has stuff around it.

If you'd like to see it, and I'll post it.

Post away

+Quote Post

MadLeap
post Aug 3 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(donobieus @ Aug 2 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]16763[/snapback]
Post away

This was one of my first covers ever. I was really proud of it at the time, but now that I look back on it - I see a few places I would have done things differently. For instance, I didn't know how to clone. I didn't know much except layers, blurring and the eraser. It was tough to get that image right with just those tools. Heh.

I had the masks of the presidents strewn about the sand, a parachute and a beretta half buried in the sand. Then I had bags for money sitting on the back. I was trying to show it as a scene that would house all sorts of different movie things.

(IMG:http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7302/pbgg4.jpg)

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Aug 3 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I like it. I think I wouldve added more color though. But enough about your cover. LOL What did you think of mine? Off to a good start?

+Quote Post

MadLeap
post Aug 3 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(donobieus @ Aug 2 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]16768[/snapback]
I like it. I think I wouldve added more color though. But enough about your cover. LOL What did you think of mine? Off to a good start?

With mine, I wanted a gritty image. Grit is good in B&W.

As for your cover, I like the start, but the background image behind the board is lacking, in my opinion. Plus, none of the presidents used M4s ... so I think that might be overkill.

+Quote Post

RowleySurf
post Aug 3 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

I'd say instead of the guns use the president's masks
I love this movie and in my own opinion think the guns are out of place for this type of movie. I never really saw it as a shoot em up movie. but thats just my opinion. I'm also not to sure about the slop as you'd call it, or the foam, at the bottom, kind of distracts a little to me. but anyways good start can't wait to see it progress. this is one of my favorite movies

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 3 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #9

Guests

agree with madleap, the image in the background doesn't do it for the cover, and Rowley had a good idea with the masks (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Aug 3 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(MadLeap @ Aug 3 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]16791[/snapback]
As for your cover, I like the start, but the background image behind the board is lacking, in my opinion. Plus, none of the presidents used M4s ... so I think that might be overkill.

Actually, they're M16s. I couldnt remember if any of them used one and they looked great on there, but, I think I'll look around for something else to use and save the guns for something else.

The foam at the bottom is why I chose this background, i think the credits will look good on it but we'll see.

Anyone have any pics of the presidents masks? I looked and only found some small lo res pics.

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Aug 3 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #11

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

QUOTE(lulubelle @ Aug 3 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]16757[/snapback]

Well i would like to see that

Nice cover Don

+Quote Post

drastija
post Aug 3 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #12

Little Devil
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Nice (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

RowleySurf
post Aug 4 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #13

New to the scene
Group Icon

if you descide on a different background picture, Surfing Magazine usually has some really nice wallpapers. I got a few beautiful ones. One with Andy Irons, one with a guy eating it, and another one of just a perfect wave and people celebrating on the shore.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 11th December 2016 - 12:12 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS