Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ubl6612
post Aug 1 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #1

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

very simple suggestion.

Don't approve anything that has the word SCaNS in the title.

Why.

Cause it's not theirs.

I'm getting sick and tired about those f***heads stealing covers, and I think G15, CC and df2k2 are too.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KreatorX
post Aug 1 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #2

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Isn't there a way to block them or ban them? I mean, an admin or owner of this site could easily check the IP's from which the scan's are uploaded i guess?

Anyway, it sucks that some lame people don't respect the maker of the scans..they probably have no sense at all i guess.. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 1 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #3

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

There is no way of knowing if the people who are uploading the covers are the member/members of SCaNS, most likely it isn't. So banning is not a good idea.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

KreatorX
post Aug 1 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #4

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ Aug 1 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]16529[/snapback]
There is no way of knowing if the people who are uploading the covers are the member/members of SCaNS, most likely it isn't. So banning is not a good idea.

True! but, yo have to make a start somewhere i guess, so AT LEAST a warning for not upping those could help a bit..

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 1 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #5

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

asking the people not to upload them is asking 100's of people to do a thing. Asking the staff not to approve them is asking 6-7 people to do a thing.

IPB

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 1 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ Aug 1 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]16531[/snapback]
asking the people not to upload them is asking 100's of people to do a thing. Asking the staff not to approve them is asking 6-7 people to do a thing.

Scans are a group of people who steal other artists cover and class them as there own,they don't give a shit of how much hard work goes into making these covers.Only thing they care about is gaining access to private ftp dumps........why do i say this then Scans are a group who thrive on trading the covers through ftp sites and eventually end up being uplaoded to sites like r1db and hirescovers because when an individual downloads it off a ftp they don't know who the original artist is,only way to piss on there sand is to stop making pre-cinema dvd covers because that is what they are supplying and encouraging ......is to use them for pirating.

I've only ever seen 1 dvd cover of mine end up in the scans group and that was my pacifier cover.

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Aug 1 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #7

Guests

One of our upload rules is as follows:

"6. If you are uploading somebody else’s work, DO NOT take credit for it. If the author is unknown, then please state that. If it is a Scan, SAY SO! If you do know the original author, please put their name in the comments. If the original author sees his/her work displayed here, and requests it to be removed, it will be immediately."

This does, I think, fully cover the issues being discussed here. If any creator sees any of his/her work wrongly credited, then they only have to contact us for it to be corrected, or if they so wish, for it to be removed.

One of the creators mentioned in this thread is not even a member of this site, but if he was to contact me, I would be happy to remove his covers if he so wished. And by the same token, if any member gives a good reason why a cover/label should be removed, then that will be given serious consideration.

And uploaders who persistently upload others work without correct credit ARE warned for doing so.

I know, from personal experience, that every cover creator will sooner or later find their work on sites that they never intended that work to appear on. Often with a credit other than the true one.

But that it the nature of the beast. As I have said many times before, if you place something in the Public Domain, then it becomes just that - public.

Banning covers that have a particular type of filename will not stop that happening. All we need to do is work together as a group to ensure that we all do our best for all the genuine creators out there.

Currently, I believe we do that. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Aug 1 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

Couldn't agree more, FB That's why I stay here and only here. U just can't stop these people, no matter they'll find a way to do this anytime.

+Quote Post

user name
post Aug 7 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

If the site is going to allow scans, please stop allowing low quality ones.... For example this V For Vendetta isn't high a quality scan like have seen before

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 7 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Please use this link:

http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1874

To see how to link to images in the gallery.

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Aug 7 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE(user name @ Aug 7 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]17630[/snapback]
If the site is going to allow scans, please stop allowing low quality ones.... For example this V For Vendetta isn't high a quality scan like have seen before

As the link doesn't work, it is difficult to see exactly which cover you refer to.

However, I can find only two examples of scanned covers for "V For Vendetta" - a region 1 and a region 2.

Both of these covers fulfill the criteria set for acceptance of scanned covers on this site. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

user name
post Aug 7 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

My bad with that last link......It just looks very faded or somethings off, perhaps a low quality I'm not really sure. Just seems low res I to me I guess. http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-19879.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 7 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

OMG (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/SHOCKED.gif) That is an example of things slipping through the net. Turn your brightness up, if you aren't on a LCD monitor, and look at and around the special features box. It looks like my 4 year old has tried to colour it in. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/eek5.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 7 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #14

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

have to agree with user name on this one. Not because it got visible halftone dots and a lot of dust or that the levels haven't been fixed. It's the odd attempt of making the black, black with a 5 px brush at the lower back and spine (knife picture).

Though the first 3 problems isn't really helping either.

IPB

+Quote Post

user name
post Aug 8 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ Aug 7 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]17834[/snapback]
Not because it got visible halftone dots and a lot of dust or that the levels haven't been fixed. It's the odd attempt of making the black, black with a 5 px brush at the lower back and spine (knife picture).

Thank you for the description I had no idea what to call it other than low res.....lol. Almost thought of calling it pixelated, but didn't think that was the word I wanted

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

HS114
post Aug 10 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #16

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(user name @ Aug 7 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]17630[/snapback]

This links to Lulubelle's Scorpion King which some may think is being slated as poor quality, how about killing the link?

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Aug 10 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE(HS114 @ Aug 10 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]18440[/snapback]
This links to Lulubelle's Scorpion King which some may think is being slated as poor quality, how about killing the link?

Dead (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 10 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #18

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

lol - it's because the cover has been removed. Let's make her suffer for a while! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 10 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #19

Guests

Hey !!

got the hang of those lighting effects yet B?! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 01:50 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS