Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
sauron
post Jan 8 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Thought we may as well get this one up and running as we have one for Films which can be found here - Film Discussion

I've recently watched the following...

Travelers - 7/10

I like the story behind this show but felt as if something could have been done a bit better, not too sure what but something...

Westworld - 5/10

Was expecting a lot from this show due to the hype it received but honestly I wasn't that keen on it, I found it a bit confusing and felt like it didn't really have any solid storyline to it. I gave it a 5 due for these reasons plus season 2 doesn't come out until next year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Speedz0r
post Jan 8 2017, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Extinct
Group Icon

My Favorite Cover Designer:
xshoty & Kernie

Nice initiative sauron.
Show's I'm watching now:

Supernatural - 9/10
I really love this show, it does have it's ups and downs like most shows do, but the good parts are just so worth it, one of my favorite shows of all time.

Gotham - 8/10
A great show, wasn't sure what to expect when I first started watching it, but I really liked it and the characters in the show play their roles really well. I think it's a great concept and it tells us a little bit more about all the batman characters before they grow up.

Scream: The TV Series - 9/10
Just started watching this when I saw it on netflix, got hooked right away. I found it humorous, clever and very entertaining. I don't think season 3 is confirmed yet, but I really do hope they last a lot more seasons.

Got plenty more, but i think this is a good start.

IPB

My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       ctaulbee, sauron, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 8 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #3

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Speedz0r @ Jan 8 2017, 11:50 AM) *
Nice initiative sauron.
Show's I'm watching now:

Supernatural - 9/10
I really love this show, it does have it's ups and downs like most shows do, but the good parts are just so worth it, one of my favorite shows of all time.

Gotham - 8/10
A great show, wasn't sure what to expect when I first started watching it, but I really liked it and the characters in the show play their roles really well. I think it's a great concept and it tells us a little bit more about all the batman characters before they grow up.

Scream: The TV Series - 9/10
Just started watching this when I saw it on netflix, got hooked right away. I found it humorous, clever and very entertaining. I don't think season 3 is confirmed yet, but I really do hope they last a lot more seasons.

Got plenty more, but i think this is a good start.

I also watch all 3 of those shows and agree with you although I feel Supernatural is dragging on a bit and they always seem to go off the point onto something that is a lot smaller than the big problem they have at that time.

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jan 8 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

All HiRes designers

I could never get into Supernatural. It just seemed to basically repeat it self each week. I do like Gotham though, and I hadn't heard of Scream the TV series. I will have to give that a try. As for Westworld, I really wanted to enjoy it, but it just isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be more like Lost. Confusing but addictive.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 8 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Jan 8 2017, 01:40 PM) *
I could never get into Supernatural. It just seemed to basically repeat it self each week. I do like Gotham though, and I hadn't heard of Scream the TV series. I will have to give that a try. As for Westworld, I really wanted to enjoy it, but it just isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be more like Lost. Confusing but addictive.

I see what you mean about Supernatural, it's still something I would say is watchable.

You should watch the Scream TV Series it's not too bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 8 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #6

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

The OA - 8/10

Just finished watching this, it's a strange one but interesting at the same time. It's one of those series that starts of with something happening and then backtracks on the lead up to it. Worth a watch!

+Quote Post

Bazzah, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Speedz0r
post Jan 9 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Extinct
Group Icon

xshoty & Kernie

QUOTE (sauron @ Jan 8 2017, 12:52 PM) *
I also watch all 3 of those shows and agree with you although I feel Supernatural is dragging on a bit and they always seem to go off the point onto something that is a lot smaller than the big problem they have at that time.

Yes, that's exactly how i feel too. I hate when they get off point, except for some episodes, where they play themselves for instance, that one was golden.
I've also been told that Westworld was a most watch, but I've seen the trailer (or some clips, not sure if it's for me tbh).

Other shows I'm watching atm:

Mr. Robot - 8/10
Since I like computers, hacking (not that I can do it myself) and stuff like that, I was very intrigued to watch this show. I've only watched season 1, but i'll soon start on season 2 now that all the episodes are out.
How I feel about season 1: There's a lot going on, all at the same time, I've yet to see a boring scene. It's a bit of a "mindfudge" show, which is something I like. If you like computers, hacking and a show that is unpredictable, then it's worth a watch for sure.

Black Sails - 8/10
I really like this show, it is more like a chess game then just jumping into a fight. I think the characters play their roles really well and I like that they've kept it how things probably was back in that time period. It's about pirates and an island, don't think I should say much more then that.

Narcos - 8/10
This was another show I started watching out of the blue, I really loved it in the beginning, but there's a couple of things I'm not too sure about. It is based on Pablo Escobar's life, so maybe most of the things actually did happen, but I didn't really get why it would take so long. Anyways, Really like the characters, Wagner Moura playing Escobar does a wonderful job and for me he carries half of the show really. So not sure how much I'll like the next season. Ive only watch season one and two.

IPB

My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, JollyRoger, sauron, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 9 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #8

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Speedz0r @ Jan 9 2017, 02:35 PM) *
Yes, that's exactly how i feel too. I hate when they get off point, except for some episodes, where they play themselves for instance, that one was golden.
I've also been told that Westworld was a most watch, but I've seen the trailer (or some clips, not sure if it's for me tbh).

Other shows I'm watching atm:

Mr. Robot - 8/10
Since I like computers, hacking (not that I can do it myself) and stuff like that, I was very intrigued to watch this show. I've only watched season 1, but i'll soon start on season 2 now that all the episodes are out.
How I feel about season 1: There's a lot going on, all at the same time, I've yet to see a boring scene. It's a bit of a "mindfudge" show, which is something I like. If you like computers, hacking and a show that is unpredictable, then it's worth a watch for sure.

Black Sails - 8/10
I really like this show, it is more like a chess game then just jumping into a fight. I think the characters play their roles really well and I like that they've kept it how things probably was back in that time period. It's about pirates and an island, don't think I should say much more then that.

Narcos - 8/10
This was another show I started watching out of the blue, I really loved it in the beginning, but there's a couple of things I'm not too sure about. It is based on Pablo Escobar's life, so maybe most of the things actually did happen, but I didn't really get why it would take so long. Anyways, Really like the characters, Wagner Moura playing Escobar does a wonderful job and for me he carries half of the show really. So not sure how much I'll like the next season. Ive only watch season one and two.

Yeah that episode was awesome! The comedy they introduced made it good.

I'm yet to watch Narcos but I have watched Black Sails and half way through season 2 of Mr Robot.

Mr Robot is a bit confusing sometimes and I feel it's one of those TV Shows that you have to watch when you're not tired as it needs concentration. It is a good show though but I prefer Black Sails over it I would say.

+Quote Post

ctaulbee, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 12 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #9

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Goliath - 6.5/10

I've got 2 episodes left of season 1, It's not a bad show but something I wouldn't rate as highly as it is on IMDB as not much goes on with it. I really only started watching it because I thought Billy Bob Thorton was really good in Fargo and although he is a good actor the show doesn't have the action it needs to make it more enjoyable to watch.

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

alienmem
post Jan 13 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

The OA 10/10 (Amazing)
Blindspot 1/10 (I couldn't even finish season 1- every episode is the same)

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To alienmem For This Post:
       Bazzah, sauron, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 22 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #11

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Sneaky Pete - 8/10

Enjoyed this show as the story is something that's different. If you're not sure what the storyline is, it does seem a little confusing for the first few episodes but that does entice you to watch more. I thought that the actors/actresses all played their parts really well.... Looking forward to season 2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post Jan 23 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #12

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Attached File  nazi.jpg ( 43.94K ) Number of downloads: 0

The Nazis and the Final Solution. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446610/

BBC Mini series, watched on Netflix 2005.

The history of the Final Solution phase of the Nazi Holocaust, with particular focus on the most infamous of the death camps.

As the Eastern European countries opened up their archives, even more horrific details about the systematic eradication of unwanted people from all across Europe, has been unearthed.

Filled with interviews with survivors of the Death Camps, and German soldiers, who was working there, during this terrifying time in European history.

8.5/10

This post has been edited by JollyRoger: Jan 23 2017, 07:10 PM

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       Bazzah, Darksaber, sauron, VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post Jan 23 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Attached File  Frontier_season_1_poster_tv_Discovery.jpg ( 47.49K ) Number of downloads: 0

Frontier http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686698/

Canadian TV series, ordered by Discovery Channel, watched on Netflix

Frontier is a historical drama directed by Rob Peyton and starring Jason Momoa. 2016.

The story is focused on the war between those who totally control all the wealth and power in a fur trade in Hudson Bay, North America in the second part of the 18th century.

7.5/10

This post has been edited by JollyRoger: Jan 23 2017, 07:09 PM

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       Bazzah, Darksaber, sauron, VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post Jan 31 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Attached File  homeland_season_4_poster.jpg ( 151.85K ) Number of downloads: 0

Homeland

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960

Showtime, watched on Netflix

Intriguing spy series, very entertaining and suspenseful. What happens if a former POW returns home to his country, after being brainwashed and turned into a terrorist?

8/10

This post has been edited by JollyRoger: Jan 31 2017, 05:01 PM

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 31 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #15

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

I've not watched Homeland yet, is it worth a watch JR?

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       JollyRoger, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jan 31 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #16

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

Homeland is a great series, but I got bored of it during the last season or two.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       JollyRoger, sauron, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 31 2017, 06:21 PM
Post #17

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Jan 31 2017, 06:14 PM) *
Homeland is a great series, but I got bored of it during the last season or two.

I may give it a try when I've got nothing else to watch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post Feb 3 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

I still enjoy watching the show, altho it does tend to be less attractive to me now. I'm on Season 4 now. First two seasons were awesome.

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       Bazzah, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Feb 3 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #19

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

Sauron, if you are looking for new programs to watch, have you tried Limitless?

Unfortunately, they only made one season (22 episodes). But it is by far one of my favourite, more recent shows. I would give it 9/10

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       VincentLupo

alienmem
post Feb 3 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #20

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I got bored of Homeland too like 2 years or 3 ago. Watched season 1 only.

Just gave up on Outlander. I did manage to watch season 1 which was entertaining. It still is but it's more of a woman's show.

Starting today on the last season of You're the Worst and the first season of Search Party with Maebe from Arrested Development (I love that actress)

This post has been edited by alienmem: Feb 3 2017, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To alienmem For This Post:
       VincentLupo

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 06:15 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS