Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
BlackHawk
post May 14 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

George Carlin's Views on Aging:

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . . you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . . . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50
and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You! MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
:lol:

IPB
"Please pardon the appearance while this signature is being improved for your future enjoyment!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

sawtooth
post May 15 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Valued Member
Group Icon

That was a good one. :lol:

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post May 15 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #3

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

I pushed 40 this year and Nan rang me for my birthday (80 this year) How you be Nan well Rhonda i used to think the days where going faster as i got older but i realised there not I am just getting slower so not only is Nan "Nearly 80" she still has a wicked sense of humor
I love the thinking of the person who wrote this My Daughter has been 13 for the last six months but turning 13 on 23rd May My Son as he says is eleventeen and son number 3 has been nearly 9 since his 8th birthday all in a hurry to grow up
Your right in a hurry to grow up when your young & never want to admit you age once you pass 21

Cheers Mate this is a classic (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

phil6580
post May 15 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #4

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Great stuff Blackhawk. :lol: :lol:

+Quote Post

Irrob
post May 15 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #5

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

George Carlin always nails it!

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post May 16 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Hey , listen mate, I'll be in the half's when I hit Forty. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) :unsure:

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

johnjack
post May 18 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

Reaching 40 ain't no big deal,been able to cope alright..................so far!!!!!

+Quote Post

coolhandlucas
post May 19 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #8

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

That is so true.

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post May 19 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #9

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

To many to choose from

QUOTE(johnjack @ May 19 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]2071[/snapback]
Reaching 40 ain't no big deal,been able to cope alright..................so far!!!!!

Me to (life begins at 40 wonder why your feeling so naughty) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)
Cheers (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

drastija
post May 19 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #10

Little Devil
Group Icon

Good one (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 02:10 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS