Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
user name
post Jul 22 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie82

Does this sem like a good deal?

Intel D945GPMLKR Socket 775 Barebone Kit / Intel Pentium D 840 OEM / 320GB HDD / 16x DL DVD±RW / 1GB DDR2 PC4200 / CPU Fan / ATX Mid Tower Case / 500 Watt Power Supply for $499.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...RCCODE=WEM1159C

What would I have to do to actually get this PC up and running?

IPB
But what do I know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jul 22 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

All i can see that you'd need would be a video card and if you want sound a sound card. I haven't kept to current on prices but if i had to guess i'd say it sounds like a good deal. Check newegg.com first though to see if they have anything cheaper. I and most others swear by them. As long as you can assemble it yourself it should be fine.

+Quote Post

user name
post Jul 22 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie82

There in lies the mystery, I've never built a PC, just added drives, usb cards, basic stuff.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Stuie
post Jul 22 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thats a good deal. The motherboard has on board video and sound so you dont need a graphics card or sound card unless you really fussy. Obiously gonna need a monitor, keyboard and mouse but if I had that cash, I would order one. Am so desperate for a new one.

Go for it.

+Quote Post

nightmare007
post Jul 22 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

That's not a bad price but......I have heard tiger direct isn't the best at giving the mail in rebates back.You might want to wait until the athlon 64 processors get a price cut at the end of the month. They use the 939 socket and are being discontinued hence the price cut. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

mpks
post Jul 23 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

damn good price, but if you want to go into nitty gritty, what brand of drive, ram etc etc but at that price you are in front still. if you want to game i suggest a video card, that is what makes the difference.
you will go nuts looking at what is out there in computer land and finding out what is ok or not. most pc's we deal with at work are dying with blown capacitors on the motherboards after 2 years if they are worked hard so for $500 it is ok. also had good success with replacing them too!! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

bigfella
post Jul 23 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

YOU WILL NEED AN OPERATING SYSTEM (XP PRESUMABLY) UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE IT ON A DISC (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jul 25 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #8

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(user name @ Jul 22 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]14576[/snapback]
There in lies the mystery, I've never built a PC, just added drives, usb cards, basic stuff.

Though it isn't hard to do,if you're in doubt i'd say buy one thats assembled. Dosen't have to be a big box brand like dell,alot of times sites will sell custom built systems. Like i said newegg.com is really good.

+Quote Post

mpks
post Jul 25 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

maybe best for you to buy one already made but try to stay away from the proprietry brands eg; hp etc because you pay a lot for a little and in my experience not always easy to upgrade, limited slots, custom written bios etc etc.
lots of pc stores will have them custom built ready to go.

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jul 25 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Check out pricewatch.com also. They'll have lots of systems listed. Just pick something in your price range and it will list the stores that sell it.

+Quote Post

Narchy
post Jul 26 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #11

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(user name @ Jul 22 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]14576[/snapback]

I say "Go for it!!!"

Building/Assembling a PC is no longer rocket science and provided you don't rush and follow the printed instructions (which are most often illustrated) which come with the individual components, you can't go wrong.

Considering the upgrades you've previously performed, I reckon you're already half way there.

And the best thing about completing this project, the pride you'll display in being able to say that you built your own computer and, compared to your rich mates who bought theirs off-the-shelf, for a fraction of the co$t

Promise to come back and tell us how it all goes.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 01:03 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS