Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
truman
post May 14 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

I was just curious do you guys use the standard boxes thats with some of the templates out there or do you make your own?

IF you do wot do you use as your basis? Size and fonts etc...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

zantasha
post May 15 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #2

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

You can download templates from the download section.......for sizes of BOXES like Single Amaray, Alpha or ThinPak etc, see the upload rules where you can get all the sizes

Upload Rules

Edit: you can also download FONTS specially for CREDITS BLOCK from there as well

+Quote Post

truman
post May 16 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(zantasha @ May 15 2006, 07:32 AM) [snapback]710[/snapback]
You can download templates from the download section.......for sizes of BOXES like Single Amaray, Alpha or ThinPak etc, see the upload rules where you can get all the sizes

Upload Rules

Edit: you can also download FONTS specially for CREDITS BLOCK from there as well

Thanks for the reply but i was actually talking about the boxes within the templates, you know where they put all the info about movie length dolby logos etc...What i wanted to know do the other cover makers just make their own to go with the colour scheme of the cover or a standard box which is altered?

+Quote Post

corky
post May 16 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

QUOTE(truman @ May 16 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1184[/snapback]
Thanks for the reply but i was actually talking about the boxes within the templates, you know where they put all the info about movie length dolby logos etc...What i wanted to know do the other cover makers just make their own to go with the colour scheme of the cover or a standard box which is altered?

I think your talking about a template and you can get them from the download section here.

+Quote Post

truman
post May 17 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(corky @ May 16 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]1190[/snapback]
I think your talking about a template and you can get them from the download section here.

I am talking about the little box on the back cover.

+Quote Post

zantasha
post May 17 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

i guess you are talking about the SPEC BOX which has the info about the aspect ratio, audio format realeasing date etc....these are available in the Templates

+Quote Post

truman
post May 18 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(zantasha @ May 18 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1768[/snapback]
i guess you are talking about the SPEC BOX which has the info about the aspect ratio, audio format realeasing date etc....these are available in the Templates

Yes however i see all types of shapes, sizes and colours and was wondering IF anyone has some sort of template or do they simply 'make' the box within psp or ps.

+Quote Post

zantasha
post May 18 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #8

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

truman mate. every company has its own layout style for the LEGAL and SPECS informations. you can download the templates of all major companies like Paramount, 20th Century, MGM, Newline Cinema, Dreamworks Universal,Warner Bros. Miramax etc.... in these DVD templates everthing is written in seperate layers...so you can change any TEXT or DOLBY info, even the color of the BOX etc accoring to your design....these Templates should be in the Downloading Section where you can get these....if they are not there just reply here and i'll upload all the Templates...you will also be needing some FONTS used as standard fonts in these templates like FUTURA, HELVATICA, STEELFISH (or Steeltong), Illustrate, WHV etc. so you can change the text or spec info in PS or PSP...otherwise the text layer won't work properly while changing the typed stuff.

+Quote Post

truman
post May 27 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

I got most of the templates but still missing some fonts... will identify them ad go looking for them.cheers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 08:23 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS