Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tommyboy
post Jul 16 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hi guys and gals

I'm new to all this stuff so this is a stupid question but if i download a cover from here open it in photoshop and change the dpi to 200 and save a new copy will that save ink

the main reason i ask is a friend of mine bought the same printer(Epson R340) as me but he seems to be able to print alot more covers then me but he only uses CdCoverscc and i only use high resolution covers from here

Mostly just curious because i found a pretty cheap ink supply here in Canada for that printer

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

HS114
post Jul 16 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Valued Member
Group Icon

An inch of ink is just an inch of ink but it depends what happens within that inch.

A cover from crapcovers.cc aside from other problems may be at 200dpi, compared to a 300dpi image that is 33% LESS information so what are you missing? colour variances, fine detail and sharpness which is why 300dpi is the standard for the print industry.

Other factors like print settings will play a big part in ink usage and how can you tell exactly what the 2 of you are printing? Do you do other print work apart from covers?

+Quote Post

Tommyboy
post Jul 16 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks HS114

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 16 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #4

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

300 dpi is the benchmark minimum for printing quality covers since Moses said "time to take a swim." Unquestionably, you are going to lose some image quality on print. Although you may save some ink. Your call on this one. Be careful changing dpi, as it could also change image size as well in some programs/applications. So be prepared to change both.

+Quote Post

Tommyboy
post Jul 16 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks Irrob

I will leave the covers at 300 dpi

i was just curious on how he gets so many more prints then me, obviously not as high quality prints.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 01:08 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS