Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jul 16 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(Thibbledorf @ Jul 15 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]13507[/snapback]
Here are a few labels I made.
They're not much to look at, I'm not a Photoshop pro like most people here (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)
But I'm eager to learn, so please tell me what I can do to make better labels.

Greets,

Thibble.

The only issue that I have with some of these labels is the placement of the images/text in relation to the centre hole.

I am not familiar with the DVD logo used on most of the labels, but the labels should appeal to fans of simple, clutter-free labels. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

HS114
post Jul 16 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Same comment about the logo and some like V for Vendetta and History of Violence are just a straight image from the film which anyone can do. But they are uncluttered labels which some like.

Unless someone is only going put the name on the disc to identify it then any further work should do something to give a feel for the film no different really to the role that a cover performs, in this respect the image you have chosen for History of Violence gives no feel for the film - it,s just a pic of a guy walking down a road.

And of the near 8000 members here I'd guess that less than 5% make their living from using photoshop and less than 20% have a high skill level in Photoshop. That leaves the rest of us that are just like you and trying to learn all the time. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 17 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Do you have any more labels, we need to see 21 labels to consider you for a contributor.

IPB

+Quote Post

Thibbledorf
post Jul 17 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Well the dvd logo is from a program called Surething Labeler, which you probably all know. The latest version doesn't have that other logo which most of you use.

I'm just gonna wait for Skallywag's tutorials and then see what I can make. Are there any specific websites which I can use to find high quality images to use on covers?

As for the number of labels, I haven't made any more yet, so I'll just upload them and post the link in the topic whenever I make a new one.

Thanks for your replies! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

HS114
post Jul 18 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

If you are able, I suggest that you obtain for yourself a program such as PaintShopPro, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or even The Gimp as these will allow you to do so much more.

There are many sites that have Hi-Res images, some just being specific to a show or studio, see the resources section for a thread with a fairly long list.

+Quote Post

Thibbledorf
post Jul 19 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

I have Photoshop so I'm gonna try to teach myself a few things (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)
I'll ask Skallywag for help if I get stuck anywhere.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 19 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #8

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Sorry, you didn't quite make it this time.

The artists have advised you to download a template from the download section, and post some labels in the W.I.P. Once you have some more experience, you can try again.

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Prove yourself · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 04:02 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS