Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
donobieus
post Jul 8 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Havent been able to find even a decent poster to use for this, so this is almost completly from scratch. Let me know what you think.

For edited pic scroll down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Raiderviking
post Jul 8 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I have no clue what this is so... consider that when you read my ideas and suggestions (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Since you have this comicbook thing happening on parts of the cover why not go for broke and do it all in that style??

The head with the map looks low res so use the cut out filter on it and make it look a bit more cartoonie... plus your water effect will work better that way.

DVD logo on spine is a tad too big, and the logos on the back are way to uneven in size... the Dolby and Region logos look tiny compared to the Orion logo.

now I have to find out what this is... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

/RV

+Quote Post

Stuie
post Jul 8 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

Can't comment on this one, RV done everything we can say and I never heard of this.

+Quote Post

happy
post Jul 8 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #4

New to the scene
Group Icon

Itīs a superfilm if you like monty python, chee & chong, and many other funny persons. But i didnt know it was releset in dvd?? if so, i must buy it.
Itīs a classic

Happy

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 9 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanx for the comments guys. RV the head isnt low res, it has been posterized in PS. It was too Hi res compared to the rest of the cover. The logos I just threw in so it wouldnt look so incomplete without the credits, I plan on redoing them.

Happy, it was released on June 27th of this year which surprised me since I picked it up like a month ago at a flea market. I imagine mine is a laserdisc rip since the quality is better than vhs i think. Anyway there arent any posters or even a decent scan out there so I thought I'd give this a go.

Never heard of this? Man, if you ever thought, wow, a movie that mixes Monty Python, Cheech & Chong and Mel Brooks all up in one hilarious comedy would be great, this is the one! If you like those guys, get this movie, F'ing hysterical!

+Quote Post

vulcan5967
post Jul 9 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

I found some info on this, http://iggle.myvideostore.com/content/movi...=iggle&id=41493

now to find a place to buy it?

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 9 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(vulcan5967 @ Jul 8 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]12021[/snapback]
I found some info on this, http://iggle.myvideostore.com/content/movi...=iggle&id=41493

now to find a place to buy it?

Amazon has for like $9.99. While you're posting in my thread, what do you think of the cover?

+Quote Post

drastija
post Jul 9 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #8

Little Devil
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Nice job...

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Jul 9 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #9

Guests

donobieus did you think about getting a real pic of water for the background? say of the sea, that might look better?

I agree with what RV has said so far, and although I saw your comments on the head it does look low res (even if it isnt it looks it).

Will have to look out for this film, I love the Monty Python movies (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 9 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

New update. I put up the head without the posterize effect and used a pic of real ocean water which I like better (thanx lulu). Still not sure about the head, wish I could find a cartoony looking bald guy to use to keep with the overall theme of the cover but oh well. Do you like the hi res head or the posterized one better?

RV, I tried the cutout filter for the head and the I just couldnt get the colors to do what I wanted, it just came out too distorted everytime.

For edited pic scroll down.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 11 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #11

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

OK, I ditched the head after I found this cartoony kind of skull and crossbones. I also added the old time looking map behind him. I think this looks much better than the bald guy, what about you guys?

UPDATED: scroll down

+Quote Post

Raiderviking
post Jul 11 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #12

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I agree... and the water looks better too

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 11 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #13

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanx RV. Now if I can just get off my lazy butt and do the credits and resize the logos. LOL

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 12 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #14

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Newest and probably the last update. Finished the credits, resized the spine pics and logos, made the skull on the front a little smaller and changed the text in the synopsis a little. I think I'm done. Comments?

(IMG:http://home.comcast.net/~obie/yellowbeard5.jpg)
(IMG:http://home.comcast.net/~obie/yellowbeard3d.jpg)

+Quote Post

corky
post Jul 12 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #15

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Cover looks great

+Quote Post

Raiderviking
post Jul 12 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #16

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I agree... nice work Don...

+Quote Post

swampdogk
post Jul 13 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #17

Valued Member
Group Icon

Looks good & I'm familiar with the movie. Very funny it is.

For my tastes I'd like to see the synopsis moved a little further away from the side of the cover and the island. Same with the NTSC logo which looks as if it's actually touching the bottom of the cover. The same distance you have placed the dvd spine logo is perfect imo. It's a very open layout cover which works for me but the closeness to the cover edges & the island work in contrast to that.

My 2 cents. Pocket it, or toss it in the drain. Your cover, your choice.

Cheers

IPB
Offering my opinion. Just in case anyone actually cares what it is.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jul 13 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #18

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanx for the comments swampdogk. I did move the ntsc logo a little off the bottom, I played with the synopsis for a while and just didnt like it any other way. This prints out really well even close to the edge. Thanx to everyone who helped out with this one, I appreciate it. This has now been uploaded so if a mod wants to close this thread it's cool.

+Quote Post

corky
post Jul 13 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #19

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Great cover and well dne. Closing thread as requested.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 04:17 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS