Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
chefjoe
post Jul 6 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

Ok, guess I'll go on and say what alot of us are wondering. Why are people being givin access (full) for uploading other people's covers? Last night I counted at least 12 covers with the help of an artist member that were posted as someone else's work, at least I saw nothing giving credit to the original artist until this after this was exposed in the shout box. I was later told that they had in fact permission and had given credit. OK, fine but still I noticed that the person had been given artist status. How can anyone trust the uploads after something like that? I don't know about everyone but I've been workin my ass off doin 3 and 4 covers w/ labels a day, that way I'll feel justified as a member contributer. I'm very proud of that, and just plain happy to be involved. If u look at the past comments gallery there is simply a crazy number of comments from folks saying the work is someone other than who posted it. Enough I'm ranting now, workin up some stuff for the contest. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/chin.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/eek5.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/chin.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 6 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #2

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

A legitimate rant. This is touchy stuff but I agree with everything you wrote. I hope this situation does not lead to further abuse of the system.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 6 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

The particular member you are talking about, slipped through the net. They were reduced to a contributor yesterday. I agree that we need to reconsider the contributor group. We have tried to make it so that people contributing to the site do not have to pay. But, as you say, it is too easy to download someone elses work, and uploads it. It is equaly unfair that other contributors are working hard to create their own.

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Jul 6 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #4

Guests

maybe all people wanting to be contributor or artist should go through the prove yourself grounds, as I have seen people being made those titles without having seen them go through that process.

It will weed out the people that don't have any work of their own to put on the site and just looking for free access. Also if they are uploading someone elses work on here, whats to stop them getting free access and then putting our covers on other sites... I know irrob loves that! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Jul 6 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

Thanks you guy's I was afraid I'd get beat up for this thread.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 6 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Hey, who said you weren't gonna get beat up anyway?? (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Filmboy and I are having a long discussion about all this right now! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Raiderviking
post Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

I put forth the idea of creating 2 new catogories of membership. Uploader and Master Uploader.

Uploader - Gives you access to the gallery but not the Arcade. A member who belongs to this group uploads either scans or other ppls work WITH permission of the original artist. Original artist must give his/hers approval directly to the management of Hires, not through the uploader. All uploads has to be approved by management for quality issues.

Master Uploader - Similar to Artists or Residents even. Uploads scans of the highest quality, has never had anything turned down and uploads regularly (atleast once a week). Full access to the website.

To me a contributer creates his or her own art and contribute that to the community... somebody who just uploads somebody elses hard work should'nt have the same access in my opinion. Copying is easy... creating is hard.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 6 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #8

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Well, we are in total agreement with you. It is unfair that someone is allowed the same access as those who are working hard to create, and prove themselves. We do have rules here, and it seems most members do not take the time to read them.

So, we are going to toughen up on offenders. Firstly, contributors will have to demonstrate their own work. It is not fair on the people sat at home for hours on end, creating covers, to be put into the same category as people who download others work. While we do appreciate you taking the time to upload covers that aren't yours, it isn't exactly that difficult. For example, Chefjoe who started this thread, is working very hard to create covers, but is in the contributor group. So, if people are categorised the same as him, that only upload others work, what is the point in him creating covers? He may as well just upload everyone else’s.

As for people who upload other creator’s work, without giving credit, this is going to be the process. First, you will receive a PM advising you to read the site rules. 2nd offense will result in an official warning. 3rd offense will result in another official warning, and warned next will be a ban. 4th offense will be a ban.

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jul 6 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE(chefjoe @ Jul 6 2006, 02:14 AM) [snapback]10855[/snapback]
Why are people being givin access (full) for uploading other people's covers? Last night I counted at least 12 covers with the help of an artist member that were posted as someone else's work

Just to complete this thread, and because I was responsible for granting Artist status to the person you are talking about, I feel I should give you the full facts.

During the last week, we have been inundated with covers and labels, and that is obviously a reflection of how eager some folks are to gain access to the gallery.

Lots of these have been of pretty poor quality, and simply indicate that many people either don't (or due to language difficulties - can't) read the upload rules. A quick perusal of the number of error notices I have posted in the last few days will give you an insight to just how bad some of the stuff has been!

The individual in question, however, was NOT in that category. He uploaded between 30 and 40 excellent covers, ALL of which are his own work. They are credited specifically as such. And the quality is first class.

And as they are all in German, and we have relatively few good covers being produced for German movies, I felt it would be a suitable action to move that person into the Artist's group. As far as I was concerned, he had "proved himself", and he would be an asset to the site.

Unfortunately (and I put this down, in some part, to that individual's very poor command of english), he was so pleased to be given the title, he felt he had to contribute much more to the site.

And so he did, but unfortunately he upped a number of covers that were not his, although pretty much all of them WERE credited to the correct creator.

I PMed him about this, and he promised to be more careful in the future. Unfortunately, he then upped a number of labels containing holes - again, not what we would expect of an Artist on the site, but again, possibly simply a language problem.

And so we took the decision to alter his status to that of contributor, which means his work has to be approved, and hopefully we can therefore check any such mistakes that he may make in the future.

But to brand that person as some sort of "opportunist" would be wrong.

There are certainly people who are cynically upping a few "borrowed" covers to try to gain access to the gallery, and Bazzah and I are in full agreement regarding the measures we are prepared to take to stop that practice.

Please rest assured that we do, and will continue to strive to make this the best coversite on the net. With your help, we can do it! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 11:57 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS