Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
jonmini
post Jun 15 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

hi all ...just a general question i am sure all menbers download covers ,, why then do they not at least give a vote for that cover , if it is good enough to download then why not vote??????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 15 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(jonmini @ Jun 15 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]7285[/snapback]
hi all ...just a general question i am sure all menbers download covers ,, why then do they not at least give a vote for that cover , if it is good enough to download then why not vote??????

Very true, jonmini.

But I guess folks can't be bothered!

There are sites that have, because if this very fact, dropped voting altogether.

Covers are now rated simply on the number of downloads.

Would you guys prefer that here?

(it's late, right now - tomorrow I will move this thread to the correct forum!)

+Quote Post

checos
post Jun 15 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(filmboy @ Jun 14 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]7291[/snapback]
Very true, jonmini.

But I guess folks can't be bothered!

There are sites that have, because if this very fact, dropped voting altogether.

Covers are now rated simply on the number of downloads.

Would you guys prefer that here?

(it's late, right now - tomorrow I will move this thread to the correct forum!)

Hi Jonmini, yesterday I saw your cover of Superman Returns, and the reason I did not vote for it yet was as I said in my comment that I left there, I really think you have some missing letters on at least two words on the back side on your sypnosis, if you can correct that, I'll give you my vote and I'll download it, other than that I think is a great cover, thanks for share it......

Checos.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 15 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I don't think the voting is all that essential. However, leaving a comment would be nice. If they can take the time to download, it would be curtious to say thank you, really nice cover. The trouble is, there are a lot of members that just dit in the gallery downloading (yes I know who you are (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) ) and therefore won't 'waste' their time commenting/voting.

IPB

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 15 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #5

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

I agree, voting isnt needed. Comments are vital though. Sometimes we miss things. Can covers be ranked by # of DL's too?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 15 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I'll have a look irrob - would be good. But coppermine is very restrictive.

IPB

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Jun 20 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

I too think a fair way to assess a cover is to see how many DL's it has.
If it is possible in Coppermine, then it would be great to implement it here.
As long as it wont cause you to much aggro Baz mate.

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 20 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE(*Krafty* @ Jun 20 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]8057[/snapback]
I too think a fair way to assess a cover is to see how many DL's it has.
If it is possible in Coppermine, then it would be great to implement it here.
As long as it wont cause you to much aggro Baz mate.

Yeah - It hasn't taken long for the voting system to become pretty much a joke. Sad, really - but there we go.

Folks who SHOULD know better are STILL voting for themselves! (If you've done this recently - yes, I mean you!! YOU know who you are - AND SO DO I!!!)

I, for one think it might be time to look at alternatives. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/chin.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif)

+Quote Post

burnbabyburn
post Jun 20 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Although I'm kind of new here, I agree with your comments. Although in a perfect world the voting system would be nice, we surely are not in a perfect world. There will always be someone trying to take advantage of the system, or just be an idiot one way or another.
I also think we could do without the voting and just go by number of downloads.

IPB
The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · New Member Introductions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 11th December 2016 - 04:09 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS