Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
MrHenryDog
post Jun 9 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

you will all know that when shop on amazon they suggest titles you could be intrested in ,based on previous searches.

one of the ones it suggested to me was 'BODY BAGS'..a trio of films introduced by john carpenter,playing a mortuary worker,explaining the gruesome deaths of the bodies currently in the mortuary.

GREAT i thought ,haven't seen that for ages ..the asking price ?? 55
yes 55,asked by 3 different shops.
cant be right so i asked crisch in Canada to look it up over there...$110

turns out that only a few dvd's were produced by artisan and now its 'out of print'. Lionsgate bought the rights and have never released it ,so its rare.
but is it worth this much?
my answer was to buy a dutch version on ebay for 10,the films region 2,new,uncut and in english,i just have to edit the synopsis on the case to read in english.

of course this can work the other way round,a while ago i wanted 'crossroads' an old ralph'karate kid'machio film,and got it delivered from the states for under a 5 on amazon,while some people were promoting them as rare on e bay and selling them from 10-30 plus delivery.now they start at 99p.

so its only rare as long as no one else is selling it cheaper,and someone is willing to pay the price.

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY? AND WHAT FOR?

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 9 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Jun 9 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]6498[/snapback]
so its only rare as long as no one else is selling it cheaper,and someone is willing to pay the price.

You said it in one, Henry!! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/yellow.gif)

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Jun 10 2006, 02:36 AM
Post #3

Goddess
Group Icon

Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

Hard to decide what to do you may buy the Dutch verison and find being an old movie that it may not have been digitally remastered i have come across this before the quailty is so crappy you dont enjoy watching it so there for you might be better of paying your 55 pounds for the movie and if you love it so much them it is worth it
Cheers M.H.D (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Jun 10 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

with the dutch version being only 10 i'll risk it.
a lot of 80's films are poor quality,reguardless of them being re-mastered,it was an era when a lot of new equipment was being used,along with the boom in the home video market.i have bought quite e few films from the late 80's and only a few are what i would class as high-quality productions,even after being re-mastereed

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

delerious
post Jun 11 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

I bought a few classics that looked worse on DVD than the VHS copy I had. I have a feeling that's
what I'm going to see with these hi-def DVD's as well - they'll want to charge me more money for
putting a standard definition movie in a new package and limit my ability to play them with their DRM
to boot.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 15 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #6

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

I'm willing to pay nothing. I can wait for a re-release. Seems to be inevitable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 05:51 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS