Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Toca
post Jun 9 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hallo

I are not sure if this one are somthing to work with?

(IMG:http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6519/supermanreturns3d9nf.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Jun 9 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

i think the newspaper, cigs, etc all need a little depth. They seem too flat. Maybe you could fold over one of the corners of the paper. This is a novel approach for this cover. At first I thought "WOOD GRAIN????" but it is already growing on me. I think this one has a lot of potential. Keep up with it.

+Quote Post

coolhandlucas
post Jun 9 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #3

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

I agree with donobieus that the items on the cover are too flat. If they had some depth and appeared 3d then it would look a lot better.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 9 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Guests

Nice concept, have to agree with the other comment here though the objects you've added look a little flat. I also dont get the link between smoking and superman, not something I'd usually associate with the clean cut American Hero image, perhaps paperclips, stationary, a coffe cup and desk lamp would suit the title better.

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Jun 9 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Guests

can we see a flat preview? As on the 3d version the images are looking a bit skewed or stretched.

donobieus is right..the images need a bit more depth.

Great start (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) with some work could be a great cover!

+Quote Post

Vice-Nasty
post Jun 9 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

Why not make something new for this movie? "AliasMaya" has already done a table with newpaper looking cover for this movie !

Just an ide

Edit: Worlds smallest newspaper or worlds biggest lighter?

IPB
I spell english as it sounds.
My english sucks :( sorry

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 9 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

the images do look a bit flat, and the newspaper looks a bit wierd

+Quote Post

JSAer24
post Jun 11 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Jun 9 2006, 07:05 AM) [snapback]6476[/snapback]
Nice concept, have to agree with the other comment here though the objects you've added look a little flat. I also dont get the link between smoking and superman, not something I'd usually associate with the clean cut American Hero image, perhaps paperclips, stationary, a coffe cup and desk lamp would suit the title better.

Lois Lane smoked in Superman II.

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Jun 11 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE(JSAer24 @ Jun 11 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]6659[/snapback]
Lois Lane smoked in Superman II.

still not something you would associate with superman... which is what the cover should be about.

+Quote Post

JSAer24
post Jun 11 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #10

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(lulubelle @ Jun 11 2006, 12:01 AM) [snapback]6664[/snapback]
still not something you would associate with superman... which is what the cover should be about.

I would assume tah the desk is supposed to be Lois's desk...but I believe in the movie she smoked Marlboro reds...Marlboro spent some big money for product placement in Superman II...Sups got thrown into a Marlboro truck in the big fight scene...

BTW...Superman the Movie is said to have the "Perfect Product Placement" ever seen in a movie to date according to a group of advertising critics and magazines. Its a box of Cheerios on the table of the Kent table as Ma Kent watches Clark leaves home.

+Quote Post

Toca
post Jun 11 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #11

Valued Member
Group Icon

This cover was only a test. but i will do som changes.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 03:58 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS