Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rbshop20
post Feb 28 2019, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Wahey! I posted!
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

I have a lot of bluray covers and game covers in my personal collection I wanted to scan a few of them to upload them and have someone maybe fix them or anyone with some advice as how to make them in high quality work to share with the rest of people here ??

for starters here I have a few new ps4 and xbpx one games.

I'm trying to upload them here but only 600k is allowed and scans are 19 mbs. any advice guys??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Rbshop20 For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

VincentLupo
post Feb 28 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #2

The Panda Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

There are three scanning tutorials on the site.

http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php...=20289&st=0
http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php...=20293&st=0
http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php...c=5728&st=0

There is a lot of great information in these that will help you out.

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To VincentLupo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy

ctaulbee
post Feb 28 2019, 01:29 AM
Post #3

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Cover Of The Month

Little free advice, 90% or more of the final outcome will be dictated by the scanner itself.

All scanners are not created equal, just like any other electronic device they have many specs and for best results on what you are trying to do you will need a decent scanner with good optical resolution specifications.

I for example have a all-in-one deal printer/copier/scanner and the scanner is crap (they all generally are on those), no way a High Quality image could be made from a scan produced by it, no matter the graphics editing skill level of the person doing it.

It's fine for scanning documents and such but that is about it.

When I used to create scans, I had a much better standalone scanner to do it with but they are not so cheap.

Just making you aware of the scanning pitfall most find themselves in, where after many frustrating hours spent trying to clean up a poor quality scan, all the while thinking it's their own lack of experience/knowledge, only to eventually find out it's the scanners fault.

Also just to be clear the physical size of a file has nothing to do with quality, for example a file could be a 100 megs and still be so poor on details as to render it unuseable for anything.

Simply put, image quality cannot be determined by any numerical attribute in a file, only the human eye can determine quality.

Which is why sites like this have a "upload approval team" and files are "physically looked at" before they are added to our gallery here for download or they are uploaded by those in approved designer groups which don't require approval becasue they have proven over time that they know what a high-quality image looks like.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, Rbshop20, VincentLupo

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 05:19 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS