Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post Jul 5 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,102

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I keep watching these Jurassic World trailers, as the CGI looks out of this world. But I am worried about the story line. Is it just another film that looks pretty, but has a weak story? I mean teaming up with dinosaurs? I think Chris Pratt looks like he suits the role and this is definitely one for the imax. Have any of you seen it yet? Is it the movie of 2015?

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ercy
post Jul 5 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Resident of Nothing
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 307

not bad .... but only once watchable icon_smile.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 5 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

Not like the old Jurassic Parks then? I must have watched them quite a few times.

IPB

+Quote Post

ercy
post Jul 5 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Resident of Nothing
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 307

trained raptors, new cloned dino
interesting .... but I expected more

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 5 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

See the cloned dinosaur I can handle, but trained raptors? Raptors are savage hunters that will kill anything they can for food, like humans! It all seems a bit far fetched?

IPB

+Quote Post

Kernie
post Jul 5 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,276
Cover Of The Year
Label Of The Year

The story is somewhat lukewarm, predictable, and nothing earth-shatteringly original, but that was to be expected.

I'll try to avoid spoilers as best as possible and speak in general terms.

The concept of the Park actually being up and running was what excited me (and many others as well), since it raised the stakes above the previous entries. Unfortunately, once the big bad hybrid-dino goes on its inevitable rampage, the body count and carnage was much less than I expected it to be in a functioning theme park. With the exception of one or two sequences, the threat is mostly contained to the core group of half-a-dozen characters. Rarely are the park-goers put in the extreme jeopardy I had anticipated.

The characters are either forgettable, unnecessary, or unlikeable. Chris Pratt was the only memorable one and I felt his natural charisma carried the film. Bryce Dallas Howard has never impressed me and her character arc was so rushed and forced that I didn't buy it. The two kids are the worst... completely useless and stupid characters that only exist to give the kid demographic someone to relate to. The rest of the characters are so forgettable I can't even remember them.

As for the CGI, I actually felt the original Jurassic Park was more convincing because Spielberg only relied on CG for the wide shots. When the T-Rex and raptors were shown in close-up, he would use animatronics. While the animatronics are somewhat limited in what they can do, they look and feel tangible and real. Jurassic World has some great CG, but its relied upon too heavily and in some cases, isn't nearly as convincing as using a mixture of digital and practical effects. I did hear that World used animatronics as well, but to what extent it is unclear. Sure looked like a lot of CG to me. I spotted only a few instances that may have been practical.

In short, the film is a fun summer action blockbuster. Was I entertained while in the theatre? Sure. But the film doesn't have the scientific or philosophical depth that the original had. Jurassic Park had deeper characters that made audiences contemplate mankind's meddling with nature through science. World tries to touch upon similar themes but is a bit too concerned with getting right to the action, chaos, and spectacle.

But don't take my word for it, as I know I'm probably in the minority with my opinion.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 5 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

What you have written kernie, is basically what I was expecting. A fun cgi movie, with the only wow factor being the cgi. I guess it is always going to be difficult to compete against the original jurassic park, as it is such a legendary film. I am still looking forward to watching this at the cinema, but at least now I can go in without my expectations being too high 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

RRJR84
post Jul 5 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 885

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Avengers - Kernie

Kernie

For me it was just as good as the original Jurassic Park, i loved the whole movie. the cloned Dino was pretty good cool and the story was good, just a bit of a gap in there. There is no explanation how they built Jurassic world over top of the ruins of Jurassic park and what they had to do to accomplish that.

Honestly over all it was a fantastic movie, i could watch it and 100 times and never get bored. if your a fan of the franchise than its a must see. Its still ranks among the best dinosaur movies and its one of the best of movies of the summer.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jul 5 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #9

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 152

All I've heard are bad things about this film, so I'm not expecting much really.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Movie Reviews · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 11:33 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS