Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
rajd3r
post Aug 24 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #1

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 23

Hello,
I have a question to You guys. I saw that tehre are some covers called: "Steel Book". I saw that this is only image (as little text, as possible). Could tell me more about it? I mean - what text should be putted in? What is generally steel book cover? What are sizes?
Thans You for any answer, help. 8834.gif
/rajd3r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To rajd3r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Aug 24 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #2

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,548
HiRes Challenge
Cover Of The Month

Steelbooks are collector editions in special metal cases with plastic inserts inside, they don't actually have "artwork inserts" like plastic cases, the artwork is silk-screened directly onto the outside of the metal case, therfore it can't be changed.

Some make artwork and print it on to sticky back paper sheets, cut that out and adhere it to a blank Steelbook case.

Personally I don't think the faux ones look very nice but to each their own 8834.gif

I do like the normal Steelbooks, they are quite addictive once you start collecting them as they have some rather cool looks.

Link To Steelbook.com

Couple more examples would be this:

or this

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Droogs, Fidi, Jazzy, rajd3r, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

rajd3r
post Aug 24 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #3

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 23

Thank You. Much appreciated. 8834.gif

EDIT: Do You think that making Blu Ray Cover look like Steel Book (What i mean is making in PS Front/Spine/Back for stock Blu-Ray Box) would be a good idea? Or in other words - has anyone did such thing? (im not sure if U will udnerstand what i mean).

This post has been edited by rajd3r: Aug 24 2017, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To rajd3r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Aug 24 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #4

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,548
HiRes Challenge
Cover Of The Month

I think so, yeah it would be more or less a minimalist cover, I've seen some very interesting minimal covers done before.

Just my opinion here but I think to be successful as a minimal cover it has to be more than just some studio art fitted to a template, the cool covers are ones that have a nice theme based on the film, like the new Dr Strange Steelbook for example is a very cool design based on the book from the film.

Inside:

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Droogs, Jazzy, rajd3r, VincentLupo

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 05:43 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS