Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
chefjoe
post Jan 6 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 1,491
My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

Actually more of a question, but why are we not choosing Cover/ Label of the Year based upon COTM/LOTM winners or top 3 from each month???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nightrider
post Jan 6 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Designer

Coverart: 155

To Hard To Choose, I Like Lots

Not a bad question............

IPB
It's all uphill til you get to the top

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jan 6 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,074

All HiRes designers

Because we wanted it to be an opportunity for everyone, not just previous nominations.

IPB

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Jan 6 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #4

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 408

Million Dollar Baby by Arkflip

Tim Gengler

... And the fact that many awesome covers gets uploaded without wip and/or Showcase threads. This way every cover gets a chance to get the attention (nomination) it truly deserves! winking.gif

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

invisigoth
post Jan 6 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 93

There are too many..

I'm with Joe (and add all HRC winners)..trying to nominate 12 out of all the covers from 2012!! Yikes..Seems like a major task for me anyways..

QUOTE (JollyRoger @ Jan 6 2013, 08:02 AM) *
... And the fact that many awesome covers gets uploaded without wip and/or Showcase threads. This way every cover gets a chance to get the attention (nomination) it truly deserves! winking.gif

And if this is the rational shouldn't all deserving covers from a certain month be eligible for cover of the month instead of just WIP's..Seems contradictory.

Just sayin.. whistle.gif

This post has been edited by invisigoth: Jan 6 2013, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post

Kernie
post Jan 6 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 5,276
Cover Of The Year
Label Of The Year

QUOTE (invisigoth @ Jan 6 2013, 11:20 AM) *
And if this is the rational shouldn't all deserving covers from a certain month be eligible for cover of the month instead of just WIP's..Seems contradictory.

Just sayin.. whistle.gif

I agree! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

invisigoth
post Jan 6 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Coverart: 93

There are too many..

JR you should have stayed in bed today...LOL.. lol.gif

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Jan 6 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Tim Gengler

Due to popular demand everyone can nominate ANY cover as long as it was uploaded in 2012. Hope that satisfies everyone!

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Jan 6 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 1,491
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

and no one thinks it crazy to expect one to go through an entire years worth of covers, determine if they were WIP's then nominate. Then why even have a COTM, I'm just saying they should be the best of the best already. If fairness is wanted, then as I said before allow the top 2 or three per month, but I for one am not going through an entire years worth of covers, knowing full well that one of the Master designers are gonna win anyhow.

Now, everyones gonna hate me again, but lets be honest guys, it's very uncommon for a non master to win anyhow. But before we get into that, the current winners have simply deserved the right to battle it out for COTY, it's just right.

+Quote Post

jwshaw89
post Jan 6 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #10

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Coverart: 27

QUOTE (chefjoe @ Jan 6 2013, 06:57 PM) *
and no one thinks it crazy to expect one to go through an entire years worth of covers, determine if they were WIP's then nominate. Then why even have a COTM, I'm just saying they should be the best of the best already. If fairness is wanted, then as I said before allow the top 2 or three per month, but I for one am not going through an entire years worth of covers, knowing full well that one of the Master designers are gonna win anyhow.

Now, everyones gonna hate me again, but lets be honest guys, it's very uncommon for a non master to win anyhow. But before we get into that, the current winners have simply deserved the right to battle it out for COTY, it's just right.

I agree that it certainly makes voting easier. Picking from 12 or 24 covers (COTM plus the HRC winner) is easier than picking from 2400 - or more.

However, you also have to consider that there are months when several covers worthy of COTM are uploaded, and other months when COTM is a shoot-out between only 2 or 3 designs. Same with the challenge, with entries varying from 3 or 4 to well into double figures.

There may be a design that a member absolutely loved that just missed out on COTM, came 2nd in the challenge, or wasn't put through WIP. It'd be unfair to relegate that design - which may well be generally considered better than COTM and challenge winners in slower months - based on this, and equally unfair to ask the member to pick their COTY from a selection that doesn't include that design.

The fact of the matter is, if the July COTM was entered in August, and vice versa, only one of them could possibly come out on top. Equally, a cover that just missed out on one COTM contest may well have won it in another month. It's a matter of timing, not necessarily quality.

I think the way it's being done is the best way, in all honesty. I imagine several of my 12 picks will be COTM winners, but certainly not all of them. And I'm happy that I have that option.

This post has been edited by jwshaw89: Jan 6 2013, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post

Kernie
post Jan 6 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 5,276
Cover Of The Year
Label Of The Year

QUOTE (jwshaw89 @ Jan 6 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Equally, a cover that just missed out on one COTM contest may well have won it in another month. It's a matter of timing, not necessarily quality.

Excellent point, jw! This month's COTM comp alone has a dozen covers that are easily worthy of COTM (not saying that because one of them is mine, either), but only one can emerge victorious from the fight. Timing is everything.

IPB

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Jan 6 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Tim Gengler

well said. agree.gif agree.gif

HOWEVER, I myself found a couple or four more than worthy COTY - covers that DID NOT go through our WIP forum, and thus didn't have a shot of the monthly title.. If we make this competition into WIP COTY thats another story - BUT THIS competition is for ALL covers - and EVERYONE can nominate EVERYTHING!! arms.gif arms.gif Isn't that wonderful?. End of discussion. arms.gif arms.gif

Remember that not every cover that gets a nomination, moves on to the voting stage.

We really need to move on now winking.gif

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

easylife
post Jan 6 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #13

The king of rude and pointless comments
Group Icon

Coverart: 674

Any by ford, hes a cover god

zantasha

Got to agree with JR, there are loads of top class cover that never went through WIP, take sleepyheads covers, they never went through WIP but theres a couple of them that are well worth nominating.

This post has been edited by easylife: Jan 6 2013, 08:07 PM

IPB

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, nah, The Rude, The Pointless and the Waste of space or even the irrelevant and unnecessary

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Jan 6 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Tim Gengler

QUOTE (easylife @ Jan 6 2013, 10:06 PM) *
Got to agree with JR

Never thought I'd hear that coming from you! sponge1.gif Worthy of a siggy, almost winking.gif

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Nightrider
post Jan 7 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Designer

Coverart: 155

To Hard To Choose, I Like Lots

So...COTY noms open somewhere or not yet?

Never mind 8834.gif

This post has been edited by Nightrider: Jan 7 2013, 08:35 AM

IPB
It's all uphill til you get to the top

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 02:54 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS