Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
HalfBreed
post May 2 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

not sure there is a big enough following in order to implement this idea but i know of a few artist that already put together custom movies / series posters.....soooo figure id give it a shot.

i would like to be able to contribute to the site with custom posters as well as dvd covers / labels, and be able to download and print posters uplaoded by other artists......is there a possiblity to have a section in the gallery for this?

Here are 2 things that need to be thought about.
1. how big could the poster be? given we get all our material from the net so im sure we would be limited to the size.
2. what are the actual movie poster dimensions

This post has been edited by HalfBreed: May 2 2009, 06:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post May 2 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 611

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

if you wanted to upload one adding a custom posters no different to adding a normal poster - but theres no special section for custom ones, you just have to add the information yourself.

as for dimensions i would think a minimum 1535x2175 or a larger one with a similar ratio
some posters i get can go up to about 5000 pixels, but thats not very practical

reminds me Baz did ask me to upload this which is a custom poster i did for taken:

http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/uploads/1...159_s4mgw5h.jpg

This post has been edited by MrHenryDog: May 2 2009, 06:26 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  copy_Taken_MHD_CSTM_Poster.jpg ( 214.09K ) Number of downloads: 10

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post May 2 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 54

My Favorite Cover Designer:
ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

I like the idea and i also like your poster Henry! Let's see what Spazzy think about the idea 8834.gif

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills
and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 2 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,102

All HiRes designers

A 'Fan Art' section would be great, but not worth it's own area at this time. I would suggest posting them as normal to the resource gallery, and tagging them as custom made by you. Then if we can build up quite a few fan arts, we can then move them to their own section 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post May 2 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #5

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Coverart: 165
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

A standard one sheet movie poster is 27" x 40".

Though if you choose that as a size and the standard 300 dpi, you'll have an image that's 8100x12000 px which is a bit much to work with.
Most of the ready for print pdf poster I bump into are about 3375x5000 px in size.

Then you just need either a HP Z2100 or a Epson 9880 8824.gif

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post May 2 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 1,491
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

I think it's a great idea, yet I too agree with Baz. Lets campaign for custom works and see what happens, quite simply put though many cover fronts could be used to create many nice posters.

+Quote Post

donger
post May 2 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Label Guru
Group Icon

Coverart: 3,539

The issue I can see with custom posters being uploaded to the "Posters & Resources" gallery is they then become "Resources" for people to use for covers or labels. Given how some creators get bent out of shape when their work is used in those ways... well I guess you need to weigh the options and come up with a solution that would satisfy all. Unfortunately I think it would mean a whole new gallery area. Or a new rule to only upload your custom work to the "Posters & Resources" gallery if you don't mind it being used in those ways.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 02:52 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS