Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Aalykke
post May 29 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Well, as the topic says. I'm from denmark, and I love making custom creations for my dvds. However I get kinda stuck from time to time, and therfore I was wondering if I were allowed to use the W.I.P. forum to none english covers? I often check that forum, and the help you provide eachother is great, so could be kinda cool for a noob like me to hear your input. I haven't been abel to find any danish speaking forums like this.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question, please forgive if it's not. Same goes if the question is already answered else where on this site, but I couldn't find anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post May 29 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #2

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

I'm pretty sure that there are no rules against foreign language covers on here. The only rule in that area is that you speak english in the forum og ikke dansk (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) To my knowledge that is.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post May 29 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Guests

Of course. Danish covers are more than welcome, as is any other language.

All we ask is that discussions in the threads are in English. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

I have moved this thread to the correct section.

+Quote Post

Aalykke
post May 29 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(filmboy @ May 29 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]4571[/snapback]
Of course. Danish covers are more than welcome, as is any other language.

All we ask is that discussions in the threads are in English. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

I have moved this thread to the correct section.

Sounds great, now I just have to figure out how to make previews. I got a program called Imandix, should I just use an imagehost and add the link in the thread?

Sorry 'bout posting in the wrong section.

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post May 29 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #5

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

sure, just use imageshack or something similar. I have noticed they have upgraded to 1.5 mb.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Aalykke
post May 29 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ May 29 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]4582[/snapback]
sure, just use imageshack or something similar. I have noticed they have upgraded to 1.5 mb.

Okay, now for another noob question. In the W.I.P. rules, it states that images must not be larger than 72dpi and 800 pixels. I quess the 800px is the width of the cover. But the 72dpi situation, does anyone know if Imandix can save in 72dpi. When I save my preview it says it's in 96dpi, should I just take it back into photoshop and downscale the dpi or can Imandix do it for me?

+Quote Post

eggzo0r
post May 29 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

You could always make 2 versions (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post May 29 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE(Aalykke @ May 29 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]4584[/snapback]
Okay, now for another noob question. In the W.I.P. rules, it states that images must not be larger than 72dpi and 800 pixels. I quess the 800px is the width of the cover. But the 72dpi situation, does anyone know if Imandix can save in 72dpi. When I save my preview it says it's in 96dpi, should I just take it back into photoshop and downscale the dpi or can Imandix do it for me?

Just go with the default Imandix settings. They should be fine! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

Aalykke
post May 29 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(filmboy @ May 29 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]4586[/snapback]
Just go with the default Imandix settings. They should be fine! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Great, I'll trying posting in W.I.P. then. Thanks for all the help. Sorry to trouble you guys, with noob questions.

@ eggzo0r

You mean like an english and a danish version. I don't have the best writing skills in english, so I don't know how good that would be. But perhaps if I can get some assistance.

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post May 30 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

The Assistance would come from the W.I.P. section. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)
I dont think we have that many Danish covers?!!

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Filled requests · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 12:43 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS