Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fidi
post Apr 21 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #61

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Charlie and the... by Zungam

QUOTE (Kernie @ Apr 21 2017, 05:57 PM) *
In the comparison above, I prefer the one on the left. I feel the one on the right is too dark and dull. This might be another personal preference situation, but I'm not seeing the problem with the left option. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif)

I don't see any problems with it as well!
I totally understand your intention and when you prefer the brighter version keep it as it is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)
It's only a small detail and only my opinion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Kernie, VincentLupo

sauron
post Apr 21 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #62

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Taglines look much better now Kernie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) Also I think the brighter version for Guardians as it makes it pop more plus like you said will be in keeping with the second film.

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Kernie, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Apr 21 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #63

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

QUOTE (Kernie @ Apr 21 2017, 10:57 AM) *
Personally, I want a more bright, vibrant cover because I'm looking ahead to Guardians: Vol. 2, which has really colorful promo art and I want both of my covers to match. Compared to Vol. 2, Guardians Vol. 1 used a darker palette in its posters and promo material, so I'm purposely trying to boost things a bit to bring the Vol. 1 art more in line with what's being put out for Vol. 2.

In the comparison above, I prefer the one on the left. I feel the one on the right is too dark and dull. This might be another personal preference situation, but I'm not seeing the problem with the left option. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif)

I prefer the one on the left as well and taken with your explanation the reason makes perfect sense.

Falcons wing works good IMHO as you have it now.

Overall these look fantastic, I'm quite excited to see the rest of the cover evolve now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB

To View my covers click the spine image, if you download my work please leave me a comment, thanks.

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Kernie, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Apr 22 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #64

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Started on the back... (yes, I know Rocket is missing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) ).

Attached File  mcu10_guardians_04.jpg ( 539.67K ) Number of downloads: 1

EDIT: I just realized that with my new laptop and Photoshop CC, I had never properly set up my Jpeg Save for Web settings, which is why some earlier previews in this thread may have appeared more saturated than normal. I've turned off Color Management and turned on Embed Color Profile, so hopefully now you guys will be seeing the colors, brightness, and saturation that I'm seeing in PS. Sorry for the confusion! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Kernie: Apr 22 2017, 10:32 PM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, ctaulbee, sauron, s_t_a_l_k_e_r, VincentLupo

Fidi
post Apr 23 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #65

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Maybe there's an other image of Starlord you can use for the back? His pose atm is very similar to the front.

And maybe adjust the colour of his lips on the front? Right now it's looking like he has used a pink lipstick to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Fidi: Apr 23 2017, 12:02 PM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Kernie, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Apr 23 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #66

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fidi @ Apr 23 2017, 07:15 AM) *
Maybe there's an other image of Starlord you can use for the back? His pose atm is very similar to the front.

And maybe adjust the colour of his lips on the front? Right now it's looking like he has used a pimk lipstick to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Adjusted the color of Star-Lord's lips. You'll see it in the next preview.

I actually kind of like that the front and back poses are similar, but clearly not the same exact image. This is the only other pose I can find that has Star-Lord actually doing something, besides just standing around (there are a few promo illustrations out there, but they don't match the photo-realistic quality of the other images). Since all the other characters in the back arrangement are simply standing there, I wanted the character in the front to have more of an "action" pose. Plus, firing the blaster allows me to bring some of the green/cyan from the front to the back layout.

If other people agree that I should look for a different image, I'll look into changing it. But I also spent a lot of yesterday working on that specific image to get it to match the coloring of the front Star-Lord, so I'm reluctant to discard most of yesterday's work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       ctaulbee, s_t_a_l_k_e_r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Apr 23 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #67

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kernie @ Apr 23 2017, 12:19 PM) *
Adjusted the color of Star-Lord's lips. You'll see it in the next preview.

I actually kind of like that the front and back poses are similar, but clearly not the same exact image. This is the only other pose I can find that has Star-Lord actually doing something, besides just standing around (there are a few promo illustrations out there, but they don't match the photo-realistic quality of the other images). Since all the other characters in the back arrangement are simply standing there, I wanted the character in the front to have more of an "action" pose. Plus, firing the blaster allows me to bring some of the green/cyan from the front to the back layout.

If other people agree that I should look for a different image, I'll look into changing it. But I also spent a lot of yesterday working on that specific image to get it to match the coloring of the front Star-Lord, so I'm reluctant to discard most of yesterday's work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

How about adding the mask to him so it's a little different?

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       VincentLupo

Kernie
post Apr 23 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #68

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (sauron @ Apr 23 2017, 10:42 AM) *
How about adding the mask to him so it's a little different?

I was thinking about that... I'll give it a shot and see how it looks.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       sauron, VincentLupo

weyn
post Apr 23 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #69

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Star Lord is still too bright for my tatste in the marked area.

Attached File  post_19733_1492900190.jpg ( 250.05K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To weyn For This Post:
       VincentLupo

Kernie
post Apr 23 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #70

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

- Added Star Lord's mask to back.
- Added Rocket to back grouping.
- Reduced brightness on Star-Lord on front as per weyn's suggestion. Unfortunately, I can only reduce the brightness so much due to the overexposure on the source image in that area.

Thanks for the help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Attached File  mcu10_guardians_05.jpg ( 541.91K ) Number of downloads: 0

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       ctaulbee, RRJR84, s_t_a_l_k_e_r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Apr 23 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #71

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Looking good Kernie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Apr 23 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #72

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

That's better now with those small adjustments. I am loving how this it turning out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       VincentLupo

Fidi
post Apr 24 2017, 05:31 AM
Post #73

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Ah, he stopped using his lipstick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

That's looking great and the mask on his face on the back is great change to get it more different to the front image.
What about a little bit more brown on Groot?

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 1 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       VincentLupo

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · W.I.P · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 26th April 2017 - 05:32 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS