Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
chazz
post Aug 19 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 1,062

I have uploaded several, TV series related, Blu Ray covers recently.
All my covers were constructed on the same exact 3173x1762 template.

After the covers are approved I notice that a spine size has been added to my description but vary from 10 to 14 mm.
How is this possible when the same template was used for all covers?

Hovered my cursor over dozens of recently uploaded BR covers, by others, and noticed the same thing, 3173x1762 dimension but with various spine size.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To chazz For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Aug 19 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #2

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,724
HiRes Challenge

As the uploader it's up to you to set it correctly at upload.

Only the creator knows the actual spine size.

The gallery can only guess based on the overall image size, this is based on what is set as the default for each size.

Short version you need to set it correctly for your own covers.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, sauron, VincentLupo

chazz
post Aug 19 2019, 11:32 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

You seem to be saying that a BR 3173x1762 template might have different spine widths.

My understanding is the right and left face of a BR cover always has the same width + spine width = over all width. No different than a DVD case.

In your comment above you said "this is based on what is set as the default for each size" so I would assume that an image of 3173x1762 would always have the default same spine width. For example a 3240x2175 template for a DVD case always has the same 14mm spine, no exception.

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To chazz For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Aug 20 2019, 01:41 AM
Post #4

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge

The default size for 3173x1762 cover has a 10mm spine.

A user could make a spine any size they want for any cover but unless you set it to something else the gallery will assume it's 10mm.

There is not much point in discussing this further as I don't see where you have a issue since you can control that setting yourself and that default will never be changed.

The reason is simple, near all the 3173x1762 covers in the gallery have 10mm spines.

If your covers are 14mm then set them to 14mm, if they are something else then set them to that, then there is no issue for you.

All defined cover sizes have a default spine size but that does not mean they can't be made something else and this is why the users can set it themselves, so it will be correct if they do.

IPB

+Quote Post

chazz
post Aug 20 2019, 03:28 AM
Post #5

Valued Member
Group Icon

Guess I misunderstand the purpose of this forum. Thought the people here would be little bit more interested in helping to solve a legitimate question and maybe a site problem.

I will from now on show the spine size when uploading.

I am only going by the site rules which show that the 3173x1762 case should have a 11mm. spine. I measured several of my BR cases and the dimensions and spine are exactly that and what is shown, below, in the approved case sizes.

Still does not answer my original question as to why someone or somehow incorrect spine dimensions were added to my uploads. 1 at 10mm and 3 at 14mm, when they all should be 11m, thereby possibly discouraging someone to download the cover.

http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23

Reference list of current case sizes for sizing covers prior to upload or creating new customs to the correct dimensions.

Blu Ray Case

3106x1748 (59 spine) (1,2 Disc) Viva Elite 6mm Slim Case
3118x1748 (143 spine) (1,2,3 Disc) Viva Elite 12.5mm Case (US Standard)
3142x1748 (165 spine) (4,5,6 Disc) Viva Elite 15mm Case
3260x1748 (284 Spine) (7,8,9,10 Disc) Viva Elite 25mm Case

3173x1762 (127px spine) Vortex 11mm Case (Europe Standard)
3234x1762 (186 spine) (3,4 Disc) Vortex 15mm Case
3305x1762 (257 spine) (3,4,5,6 Disc) Vortex 22mm Case

3555x1748 (250 spine) (6,8,10,12 Disc) Amaray Megapack 44mm Case

3240x1900 (170 spine) Scanavo 14mm Case (Criterion Standard)
3335x1900 (170 spine) Scanavo 22mm Case

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To chazz For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Aug 20 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #6

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge

QUOTE (chazz @ Aug 19 2019, 11:28 PM) *
Guess I misunderstand the purpose of this forum. Thought the people here would be little bit more interested in helping to solve a legitimate question and maybe a site problem.

You are in point fact misunderstanding the purpose for this forum.

As it's title implies it is for Site Suggestions, that does not include making complaints, therefore your topic is indeed off-topic as you have made no suggestions.

Yet in spite of that fact, I still took time to explain to you how the gallery works in this regard and that you can change them yourself.

If you don't want to do that then leave them as they are, understand no one here is going to change them for you.

If you are just looking for some cause then you will not find it and there is no one here who can either.

QUOTE (chazz @ Aug 19 2019, 11:28 PM) *
Still does not answer my original question as to why someone or somehow incorrect spine dimensions were added to my uploads. 1 at 10mm and 3 at 14mm, when they all should be 11m, thereby possibly discouraging someone to download the cover.

I don't know.

There is no way to find out, if a new upload gets set wrong, let us know and we will look into it but if it's something that has been here a long time there is nothing to look at.

Last...

No one is sabotaging your covers.

The case has an 11mm spine but for the insert, all mfg's recommend the printed insert be 1mm less, so the cover spine should be 10mm for 11mm case, 14mm for a 15mm case and so on.

Will it actually matter 10mm vs 11mm, no both will work and most can't see a 1mm difference anyway much less cut it that accurate.

Bottom line is it's a user determined setting, so set it how you like, if you want it to say 11mm that's fine too.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 20 2019, 10:03 AM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

Coverart: 1,102

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

The spine dimensions are automatically set, according to the size of the cover uploaded. So if you upload a cover that is 3173x2175, then the spine automatically gets set to 10mm (11mm minus 1mm). However, you also have the option to override this spine size when completing the uploaded information, if it is incorrect.

Furthermore, you have a default setting in your gallery 'User Settings' that allows you to set a spine default. This is normally set to 'Disable', so please check yours is not set to 14mm. You can use the link below to check your gallery user settings.

http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/index.php...;req=galleryset

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, sauron, VincentLupo

chazz
post Aug 21 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thanks Buzzah. Wish you had been the first one to address my question.

+Quote Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You To chazz For This Post:
       Bazzah, VincentLupo

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 04:17 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS