Tagline
Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

247 Pages V  « < 245 246 247  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
sauron
post Jan 9 2021, 11:51 AM
Post #4921

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 154

Huge improvement on the previous version! The 3D title really makes a huge difference!

Excellent work!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Kernie, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Jan 16 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #4922

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,813
Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month
Label Of The Year

Kernie's Weekly Cover Update #47: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete Series!
[Click image to view in gallery]

Like many of my other series covers, I just felt Agents of SHIELD could use a bit of a facelift now that the show has come to an end. It's funny how my aesthetic tastes and design skills evolve over the 7 years of a show's run, so I wanted to update these covers with a new 3D title treatment and back logo, brighter color palette, and a few modifications to the keyart.

Below you will find revised covers for Seasons 1 through 6, as well as the all-new cover for Season 7, and an updated version of the short web series Slingshot. Blu-ray editions in both 10mm and 15mm spines are available for all seasons (except Slingshot). DVD versions are also available.

EDIT: I just realized this marks my 900th DVD Cover in the Comic Book Collection (and 515th Blu-ray)! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

Agents of SHIELD: Season 1 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 1 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 2 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 2 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 3 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 3 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 4 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 4 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 5 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 5 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 6 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 6 - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 7 - Blu-ray Edition (Available in 10mm and 15mm - NEW!)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Season 7 - DVD Edition (NEW!)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot - Blu-ray Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot - DVD Edition (Revised)
Attached Image

Enjoy and see you next week! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

This post has been edited by Kernie: Jan 16 2021, 02:39 PM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, crushem, ctaulbee, Darksaber, garsted, joelazza, Lowpro, merdec, MikeConnelly, Predator Ranger, Punisherchad, sauron, Speedz0r, TJettman, VincentLupo, WilderMike, zorbic

cas
post Jan 16 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #4923

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

wow wowowo thank so much for this cool updated they look even cooler out than before and Congratulations on another sets completed

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To cas For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, Punisherchad, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jan 16 2021, 03:46 PM
Post #4924

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,412

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Wow, you have been busy! Excellent work on the revisions, and Season Seven just looks incredible! Also, a big congratulations on your 900thDVD in your Comic Book Coolection! icon_eek.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, Punisherchad, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jan 16 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #4925

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Coverart: 154

Awesome work Kernie!

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, Punisherchad, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Darksaber
post Jan 16 2021, 04:20 PM
Post #4926

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Nice update, Congratulations on the 900th cover

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Darksaber For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, Punisherchad, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Punisherchad
post Jan 16 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #4927

The Punisher
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie82's Comic Collection

Kernie

Epic milestone o DVD and Blu Ray, what a ride it has been and continues to be! I love to pour over your covers and see all the detail you pack in there. Fantastic!

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Punisherchad For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Jan 16 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #4928

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Coverart: 2,448
HiRes Challenge
Most Wins 2020

Congrats Kerine, awesome updates 8834.gif

IPB

My Gallery • Please leave a like and short comment if you download my work, thanks. • My Criterion Collection

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

merdec
post Jan 16 2021, 06:26 PM
Post #4929

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thank you very much, I looked forward to the covers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., they are wonderful,
I really like that you chose Coulson and Mack in the outfits of the 30s, and also added Sousa,
and of course the new logo is amazing.

This post has been edited by merdec: Jan 16 2021, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To merdec For This Post:
       ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ripley
post Jan 16 2021, 07:44 PM
Post #4930

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 51
Avengers Endgame by Kernie

Now, It Is Hard To Choose

This is a Huge addition for the collection.

What a work!

Impressive tongue.gif

I Wish to see a video tutorial on how you create your titles. A general process.

I know you have already answer this and write this process.

Maybe a collaboration with Curt? His tutorials are very well done an extremely understandable, even for beginners.

Thanx mister Kernie for all that work.

Extraordinary impressive huge collection.
A pleasure for the eyes.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To ripley For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, Kernie, Lowpro, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Jan 17 2021, 02:48 AM
Post #4931

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Coverart: 2,448
HiRes Challenge
Most Wins 2020

Ripley, I don't want to speak for Kernie but I will quote him and let his own words speak for themselves...

QUOTE (Kernie @ Apr 5 2012, 02:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Darksaber @ Apr 5 2012, 02:24 PM) *
You should do some sort of tutorial on how you go through the process

Thanks for the compliments, but as I told nikerun in a recent PM, my TT's are part of a long, involved process, using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and the 3D Invigorator plug-in or sometimes Cinema 4D, and then a lot of trial-and-error in Photoshop. Unfortunately, it's not really a 1-2-3 step-by-step process that can be easily spelled out.

Also, I normally don't mind sharing my secrets, but my title treatments seem to be one of the few things that I'm actually good at and that sets me apart from the crowd, and I'm hesitant to reveal all of my tricks. Some of the best magicians have taken their secrets to the grave with them, and the ones who tell you how the trick is done are completely forgotten. 8824.gif

QUOTE (Kernie @ May 22 2012, 04:35 PM) *
QUOTE (RookerProductions @ May 22 2012, 01:22 PM) *
How the heck do you make all those awesome TT's.. Is it a program? or a plugin?

It's a combination of programs, plug-ins, filters, and a healthy dash of Kernie Awesome-Magic...

And the process behind my TT's is something that I don't plan to share. Sorry. 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

...and as far as I know that stance has never been altered in all these years since those posts were made.

For the record Kernie is very capable and qualified to make any kind of Tutorial he might so desire without help from anyone, you just need to browse some of the forum history to find examples of that.

One quick recent one Avengers End Game Showcase (the video does show the steps in making the Title Treatment)

Since I'm posting I would add one little thing, just my opinion of course but...

Anyone interested in picking up some insight on Kernie's designs should consider going back into the closed WIP archives to read thru some of his old WIP's...

I think that would not be time wasted wink.gif

IPB

My Gallery • Please leave a like and short comment if you download my work, thanks. • My Criterion Collection

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, joelazza, Kernie, ripley, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, zorbic

Kernie
post Jan 17 2021, 04:06 AM
Post #4932

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,813
Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month
Label Of The Year

Thank you, Curt, for the assist. 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

Ripley... ctaulbee is correct, my position hasn't really changed. "A magician never reveals his tricks." I realize that might seem like I'm hoarding knowledge by not sharing my techniques with the community and I'm sorry if it comes off that way.

The main reason I don't make more tutorials is time. I have a full-time teaching job (which has been made much more stressful thanks to the pandemic), two little kids at home, some paying design jobs on the side (some pretty exciting new horror movie posters came my way), and then there's my feverish hobby of adding new covers to this collection every week (because if I forget something, some folks let me know it... yeah, I know WandaVision just started!). Adding in behind-the-scenes tutorials which give away some of my self-developed secrets is unfortunately not a possibility.

The other reason is that the process is time-consuming and complicated. It starts in Illustrator by recreating the official title treatment in vector format, either by matching the font or (if the font is not available or usable) tediously drawing each letter with the Pen Tool. I then import the vector paths to the 3D Invigorator plug-in in Adobe After Effects, where I add the depth and bevels. Then I spit out the depth, bevel, and front pieces of each 3D object as separate PNG's. In Photoshop, I recombine all of those separate PNG's so that I am able to color, texture, and style each individual side of the 3D objects to my liking. Then I go back to After Effects to create the shiny glow effect using the Trapcode Starglow plug-in, render that back out, and put it into the Photoshop file, tweak the colors, and add some additional lens flares. A typical title treatment takes several hours from start to finish (and then there's the back logo which is often made to match it).

I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence or abilities, but I doubt most members will be able to follow all of that even if I did spell it out in a video tutorial. That's also assuming they have access to or a functional knowledge of each piece of software and the third-party plug-ins I've mentioned. If I were to make a video tutorial, I anticipate a lot of "wait... what did you do there?" or "mine's not working like that" from a lot of people attempting to follow the steps. It's complicated, but it works for me, and I'm not sure it would work well for others.

I've had a number of folks (especially now that I'm on Instagram with my design stuff) reach out to me and ask, "what do you use to make your logos/title treatments?" As if it's just a plug-in or some magic button labeled "make cool 3D title treatment." I'm sorry to say it's not that simple.

It's kind of like a beginner craftsman walking up to an experienced architect and saying, "explain to me in 10 minutes how I can build a skyscraper with this handful of nails and wood!" 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

Again, no offense intended, unfortunately it's just a lot more complicated than a simple step-by-step tutorial would be able to cover.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, kalell75, Lowpro, ripley, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, zorbic

Speedz0r
post Jan 17 2021, 06:59 PM
Post #4933

Extinct
Group Icon

Coverart: 204

xshoty & Kernie

Great work Kernie! Really impressive stuff!

IPB
My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, joelazza, sauron, VincentLupo

joelazza
post Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Post #4934

Valued Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 1
Kernie and tmscrapbook

Awesome 900th milestone K! another good update!

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To joelazza For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Post #4935

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Designer

Coverart: 408

Million Dollar Baby by Arkflip

Tim Gengler

Impressive!

Thanks for your lengthy explanation, Andrew. I am sure people will now realise the hours of work you put into each cover - and that's just for TTs

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, ripley, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Lowpro
post Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Post #4936

New to the scene
Group Icon

The seventh and final season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was at the very top of my Kernie cover art wishlist. Boy was I surprised and blown away when I hit up your thread here today, Kernie. Not only did you drop Season 7, but you elevated the entire set along the way. Truly amazing work. Fan-frickin-tastic!

This post has been edited by Lowpro: Yesterday, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Lowpro For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, ripley, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ripley
post Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Post #4937

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 51
Avengers Endgame by Kernie

Now, It Is Hard To Choose

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jan 17 2021, 05:06 AM) *
Again, no offense intended, unfortunately it's just a lot more complicated than a simple step-by-step tutorial would be able to cover.

No offense at all my friends.
I understand completely.

Same for time consuming projects. Wish i could have 36 hours a day sometimes. tongue.gif
2 kids to raise, i know that too. I have twins tongue.gif

QUOTE (ctaulbee @ Jan 17 2021, 03:48 AM) *
One quick recent one Avengers End Game Showcase (the video does show the steps in making the Title Treatment)

Since I'm posting I would add one little thing, just my opinion of course but...

Anyone interested in picking up some insight on Kernie's designs should consider going back into the closed WIP archives to read thru some of his old WIP's...

I think that would not be time wasted wink.gif

I have started some learnings with your video tutorial as you know.
Always interesting to learn from the persons who best known the "How-To".
And of course Curt i will follow your advices. With an enormous respect.
I know that you are aware of that because i could not be here if it wasn't our truth tongue.gif

So, to sum it all that, i would like to thank every designers and specially the two of you.
Great explanations, advices and kindness in your threads... like always.

And i wish to be completely clear here, it isn't to copy. just to learn.

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To ripley For This Post:
       ctaulbee, sauron, VincentLupo

247 Pages V  « < 245 246 247
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: garsted

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 19th January 2021 - 01:23 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS