Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Shwaffle
post Mar 11 2013, 06:14 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

I suppose this is more of a question as well as a suggestion if it's not available. I looked around in settings and I couldn't find the option to change how many covers I can see per page when searching for something.

For example: http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/thumbna...amp;sortcode=ta
(I really love his Iron Man covers)

This only shows 24/page. I'd like to have at least 100/page if not more. How plausible is this?

Thanks,

Matt

IPB
Your resident printing expert. If you have any quality printing questions, feel free to message me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Mar 11 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #2

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,037

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I would have to speak with Fubs about it, but I think the problem will be the amount of database calls possibly slowing the site down. But I shall find out 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

voetzoeker
post Mar 11 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #3

That Dutch Dude
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 267

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Big T In Little C by dweez

dweez

Or you could use autopager http://www.teesoft.info/

A nice plugin that automatic loads the next page of covers at the bottom of your current search page so you never have to click the next page button 8824.gif

+Quote Post

Shwaffle
post Mar 11 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #4

New to the scene
Group Icon

Do you use it yourself Voetzoeker? If so, share your rule for this site tongue2.gif Otherwise I'll deal with it when I get home this afternoon.

IPB
Your resident printing expert. If you have any quality printing questions, feel free to message me!

+Quote Post

voetzoeker
post Mar 11 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #5

That Dutch Dude
Group Icon

dweez

I do for the rersources gallery, but i'don't have it at work where i'm now 8824.gif

Will see what i can do when i get home 8834.gif

+Quote Post

voetzoeker
post Mar 11 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #6

That Dutch Dude
Group Icon

dweez

chin.gif hhhmmm unfortunately the gallery doesn't have any next buttons, so it will not work, it works great in the resources section and forums though winking.gif

+Quote Post

Shwaffle
post Mar 11 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

Well paste the rule you have, and I'll see if i can make it work.

IPB

+Quote Post

Fubster
post Mar 12 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #8

ex-Code Monkey
Group Icon

Coverart: 486
King Kong by Dweez

I added a "next" link in the gallery - to the far right of all the page numbers. I don't use AP, so let me know if this gives you what you need 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

voetzoeker
post Mar 12 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #9

That Dutch Dude
Group Icon

dweez

That should work, will check it tonight 8824.gif

Thanks Fubs

cheers.gif

+Quote Post

voetzoeker
post Mar 12 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #10

That Dutch Dude
Group Icon

dweez

Here is the rule for the gallery

<autopager>
<site><urlPattern>http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/thumbnails.php*</urlPattern>
<guid>CEF9BD1F-4318-0232-B560-7B45-B761-89F4</guid>
<margin>1</margin>
<owner>Voetzoeker</owner>
<enableJS>false</enableJS>
<quickLoad>true</quickLoad>
<contentXPath>//div[@class='borderwrap' and div[1]/@class='formsubtitle5' and table/@class='ipbtable' and div[2]/@class='formsubtitle6']</contentXPath>
<testLink>http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?page=1&amp;album=1&amp;sortcode=na</testLink>
<linkXPath>//b[(text()='NEXT')]</linkXPath>
<desc>AutoPager rule for www.hirescovers.net</desc>
</site>
</autopager>

There is already a rule for the forum online, search for hirescovers and you'll find it 8824.gif

Edit: adjusted it a bit, Works great now, as much covers on one page as you want 8834.gif . . . . but imo the advanched search works much easier though 8824.gif

+Quote Post

Shwaffle
post Mar 14 2013, 05:34 AM
Post #11

New to the scene
Group Icon

Well the one main reason I wanted something like that was to browse an artists whole album. For example Kernie's collection is amazing. I am going to change all of my Marvel / Darkhorse movies to his covers. This is where it will come in handy.

From what I've seen so far of the advanced search though, is it's kinda clunky. I may have missed the option (And I'll look after this post) to set certain defaults when you go to search. For example I'd like Blu-Ray Custom covers to always be my default option. And when hitting the back button to search it clears everything every time.

i suppose this would be derailing my own thread, and I mean absolutely no offence with this, but when was the last time the search function was overhauled? For a couple notes I'd say that removing the Gallery and the shoutbox from the page when searching / browsing what you've searched would be a good idea. Free up the web page for results, rather than having to scroll down constantly when looking up stuff. On another site (not a cover site) I use quite often, the search is very in-depth, and I could provide a screen shot if you were interested in an idea.

It may seem like I'm picky, but I figured if I didn't voice my opinion, then nothing could be considered. As I sasid, I mean no offence, I'm simply trying to give thoughts to possibly improve the site.

Thanks,

Matt

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 09:05 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS