Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
rajd3r
post Apr 16 2019, 08:53 AM
Post #1

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 23

Hello guys,

I'm big fan of Star Wars (as probably some people here 8834.gif ) - a few months ago I started a project but I'm not really happy about it.

And here is my question - I'm looking for some animated Blu-ray inspirations?

It doesn't have to be Star Wars per se - but some TV series anime You know in which cover is "master piece" 8834.gif

Here is what i did - but as I mentioned - I was lack of idea what to do next ....

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To rajd3r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, pytlaczek, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Apr 16 2019, 09:53 AM
Post #2

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,102

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

What are you not happy about with this? I think it is a great start 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

rajd3r
post Apr 16 2019, 01:21 PM
Post #3

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

I dont know - im always critic about my projects compare to those masterpieces i see here 8834.gif
WHat doesnt work for me here is:
- front - too chaotic - i need to figure something different about those characters cause it looks too .. hm - noisy?
- im not happy about this background below everything - this "yellow" sand whatever its called - its too blurry - i need to find something "cleaner" (im not sure if You follow 8834.gif )
- i have no idea what to do about the back - i always wanted to create something by myself - not just pasting the ready photo but to make one (from the beggining) - something like "colage"

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To rajd3r For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Apr 16 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,102

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

You could try adding some rim lighting and/or some lighting or smoke between the characters on the front, to separate them more. And maybe space them out a bit more too?

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, rajd3r, VincentLupo

Fidi
post Apr 17 2019, 06:06 AM
Post #5

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 285
Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Charlie and the... by Zungam

What Baz said - I'd also try to separate them more from each other.

And if you space them out more you might be able to use a one colored background? I personally don't think the three different colors really work well.
Then I'd definitely place Ezra way more prominent because he's the most important character in this show (and all seasons).

I'd also give the artwork more saturation and contrast to make it more interesting and dynamic and give it a more similar look to the show.

For the back image you could try to put some kind of fighting scene together. Maybe just a fight between two characters or with TIE fighters. But I can't reamember what season one was about. (Star Wars Rebels)

You also could search for some concept art to get some inspiration: Star Wars Rebels Concept Art

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, rajd3r, sauron, VincentLupo

rajd3r
post Apr 17 2019, 06:29 AM
Post #6

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Apr 16 2019, 07:39 PM) *
You could try adding some rim lighting and/or some lighting or smoke between the characters on the front, to separate them more. And maybe space them out a bit more too?

Will try to do that - thank You
QUOTE (Fidi @ Apr 17 2019, 06:06 AM) *
What Baz said - I'd also try to separate them more from each other.

And if you space them out more you might be able to use a one colored background? I personally don't think the three different colors really work well.
Then I'd definitely place Ezra way more prominent because he's the most important character in this show (and all seasons).

I'd also give the artwork more saturation and contrast to make it more interesting and dynamic and give it a more similar look to the show.

For the back image you could try to put some kind of fighting scene together. Maybe just a fight between two characters or with TIE fighters. But I can't reamember what season one was about. (Star Wars Rebels)

You also could search for some concept art to get some inspiration: Star Wars Rebels Concept Art

- As for background - i try to either 1 color or some "art" looking one (but in a few colors, up to 2 [will show You in updates if i do something what i mean 8834.gif )
- as for saturation/ contrast - etc - i was only cutting characters and placing them - i havent played with colors yet 8834.gif (will do that of course)
/Thank You - also - for tips

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To rajd3r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, VincentLupo

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 05:28 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS