Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ctaulbee
post Oct 29 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #1

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,733
HiRes Challenge

The modern world holds many secrets, but the most astounding secret of all is that witches still live amongst us; vicious supernatural creatures intent on unleashing the Black Death upon the world. Armies of witch hunters battled the unnatural enemy across the globe for centuries, including KAULDER, a valiant warrior who managed to slay the all-powerful QUEEN WITCH, decimating her followers in the process. In the moments right before her death, the QUEEN curses KAULDER with her own immortality, … More

Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images)
Genre: Action & Adventure, Science Fiction & Fantasy
Directed By: Breck Eisner
Written By: Cory Goodman, Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless, Melissa Wallack, D.W. Harper
In Theaters: Oct 23, 2015 Wide
Runtime: 1 hr. 45 min.
Summit Entertainment. -
Official Site

Went and watched this Monday afternoon.

I was hoping for some kind of Highlander type of twist, alas it was not to be in fact it’s closer to the (1989) film Warlock, you remember the "box office turkey" staring Julian Sands.

The film starts off pretty well but it gradually collapses into disconnected bouts of special effects & oddly setup confrontations both highlighted by soft-focus flashbacks of Kaulder's long-lost wife and daughter.

It ends up just being messy and chaotic and never really succeeds on any specific level.

There was one cool thing, a magical gummi bear tree, I thought it was original and creative lol.

I give it 2 out of 5 stars, just for the fun aspect of it that they did occasionally mange to muster up

8824.gif

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fogdude
post May 4 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #2

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

I gotta admit, you pretty much nailed it. I disagree on one thing only... I liked Warlock! icon_razz.gif

This post has been edited by Fogdude: May 4 2016, 12:22 PM

IPB
I just look at the pictures.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 4 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,106

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I didn't mind this film, but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway. It was an easy viewing, kinda fun movie for me. I would give it 3 out of 5 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

Speedz0r
post May 4 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Extinct
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 190
xshoty & Kernie

Thanks for the review, now i know i didn't miss out on anything 8834.gif

IPB
My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

VirulentPip
post May 5 2016, 07:36 AM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

I quite enjoyed it myself, great film to sit down, shut off and enjoy a beer or two.

If not watched I do recommend you check it out, you never know you may also enjoy it.

+Quote Post

RRJR84
post May 5 2016, 10:25 AM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 885

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Avengers - Kernie

Kernie

i liked the film, i didn't love it but it was watchable and enjoyable. however it can't hold a candle to Hansel and Gretal witch hunters

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Movie Reviews · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 08:19 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS