Tagline
Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post Jun 12 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,345

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Bunny Dojo has come up with a great new idea called Designer of the Week. Each week, a member of staff will randomly pick a designer and showcase three of their favourite covers. Members can then reply with their favourite cover(s) made by the chosen designer. You can post a new cover or the same as someone else. It doesn't matter, just let us know what your favourite covers are by this artist.

To share a cover from the gallery, just click the 'copy' icon, in the file information, and paste it into your reply.
Attached Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So as it was Bunny's idea, this weeks featured designer is Bunny Dojo!

Please join us in celebrating Bunny Dojo by posting one of your favourite covers he's made thus far.

Bunny Dojos uploads in our cover gallery

Here are three of my favourites:

To Have and Have Not (1994)

The African Queen (1951)

Sneakers (1992)

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, Nightrider, pytlaczek, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Kellevra
post Jun 12 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 77

Hard choice !! Anyway , here's my pick !

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Kellevra For This Post:
       Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Nightrider, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Bazzah
post Jun 12 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

QUOTE (Kellevra @ Jun 12 2020, 06:00 PM) *
Hard choice !! Anyway , here's my pick !

Tell me about it. I found it really hard to pick 3, as he has so many outstanding covers. Great pick! thumb.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

stampe
post Jun 12 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Designer

Coverart: 152
Cover Of The Month

impossible to choose 52.gif rofl.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To stampe For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, Nightrider, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Bazzah
post Jun 12 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

That's another great example

IPB

+Quote Post

VincentLupo
post Jun 12 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #6

The Panda Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 212

Here are a few of my favorites from Mr. Dojo's last few years.

I've watched your work for years. Every time you open a WIP I get a little giddy. Seeing just a little of the process really makes me appreciate your talent even more. It is not always easy to see the little things that make your covers so great.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To VincentLupo For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, Nightrider, Speedz0r, stampe, wysmommy

Bazzah
post Jun 12 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

Awesome choices buddy!

IPB

+Quote Post

zorbic
post Jun 12 2020, 08:48 PM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 17

Great idea Bunny Dojo.
I couldn't choose between these two:

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To zorbic For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, Nightrider, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

sauron
post Jun 12 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #9

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Coverart: 154

Well... this is really hard to only pick one! I love all Tim’s work.

This one is awesome, the back layout is very creative and that is one of the reasons why I love all of Tim’s work as his layouts are always very different and so well executed.

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:

Bazzah
post Jun 12 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

Bunny has so many incredible covers!

IPB

+Quote Post

Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

M0vieM0nster
post Jun 12 2020, 10:18 PM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 68

Aside form the amazing designs already this one was a huge one for me! Creative to say the least.

This post has been edited by M0vieM0nster: Jun 12 2020, 10:22 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To M0vieM0nster For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, Nightrider, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Kernie
post Jun 13 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,488
Label Of The Year

Being asked to pick only a few of your favorite Bunny Dojo covers is like asking someone to count every time their heart beats. What more is there to say about Tim and his incredible skills that we all haven't said before? The man is an absolute titan of design!

Here are a few that I don't believe have been posted yet...

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures
I think this was one of those covers that really inspired me to start recoloring my own images. Seeing just how vibrant, sharp, and detailed that BD was able to make these pieces of keyart was incredible. Completely gorgeous work on all four films and an eye-popping title treatment as well. As with nearly of all of his covers, he took something old and made it look brand new again.

From Hell
I quite enjoy this movie... the film itself has its flaws, but I think it's an interesting "what if" on the Jack the Ripper case. I typically rewatch it every Halloween season. Whenever I think of this film, I think of this keyart by Bunny Dojo. To me, this cover art is as synonymous with From Hell as Drew Stuzan's Back to the Future posters are to those films. I can no longer separate the film from the artwork in my brain. That's a true testament to Tim's stunning work.

Clue
Clue is my absolute, hands-down favorite film of all time. Sometimes, I put it on when I'm designing covers and I can follow the whole thing without ever glancing at the TV. I love it... and Bunny Dojo captured the essence of the film perfectly in this cover. The color palette, textures, and image restoration is phenomenal. I've always intended to make my own cover for Clue, but because of my intense love for the film, I've felt an equally intense sense of pressure to make it as perfect as possible. The bar is so high that I'm scared to approach it. Then Tim comes along and makes it even harder for me, because instead of just making something that is worthy of my love for Clue, I have to compete with the utter perfection that is this cover. I can't top his work... and I don't think anyone can.

Those of my picks... there are tons more, but I'll leave those for other members to post and drool over.

We love you, Tim! Thanks for gifting us with your talents! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Kellevra, M0vieM0nster, Nightrider, RRJR84, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Paris
post Jun 13 2020, 06:14 AM
Post #13

Cover Designer
Group Icon

Coverart: 91
My Favorite Custom Cover:
Friday the 13th by Samppa

Euroboy, Samppa, Bunny Dojo

It was almost impossible to pick two. I wanted to pick two that showed design range I'm always chasing.

The first is eye for image casting - picking the ideal front and back image with only as much addition or editing as needed - this is so well done 8834.gif
Attached Image

The next is image transformation! The front cover has impeccable transformation and integration of different resources. This is too good!
Attached Image

IPB
My gallery: HERE

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To Paris For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Nightrider, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

JollyRoger
post Jun 13 2020, 09:05 AM
Post #14

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Coverart: 408

Million Dollar Baby by Arkflip

Tim Gengler

Here's a few other Gengler Master pieces, that have yet to be shown here:

Inspirational design, which influenced my own work. Perfect, simple and yet fresh!

Groundhog Day:

Competition winner, with that special Gengler'esque take on the movie. Something far from the original retail work, but still Crisp, clear and very strong design!

Wall Street:

Finally one of my own absolute favourites! This cover is so cool I lack the words to describe my enthusiasm properly. Everything just fits together. Typography, TT, layout, color and general feel of this cover is superb! The COTM title it won is so well deserved!

L.A. Confidential:

Thank you, Tim for sharing your incredible talents with us!

This post has been edited by JollyRoger: Jun 15 2020, 02:49 PM

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Nightrider, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Nightrider
post Jun 13 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 169

To Hard To Choose, I Like Lots

First time I saw this I was blown away

Another one that I don't see uploaded here , maybe I'm blind? But I remember it and how I loved it is Total Recall

IPB
It's all uphill til you get to the top

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To Nightrider For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, RRJR84, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo, wysmommy

ctaulbee
post Jun 13 2020, 11:27 PM
Post #16

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Coverart: 2,083

Let us not forget his contributions to the Criterion cause with these two fine examples of how to re-color a image and make the rest of who have tried, feel real inadequate.

Both have that classy Bunny Dojo vibe in the design and the images are all crisp, clean and natural as if they were snapped yesterday with modern tech to digital media in vivid high resolution.

Gilda (1946)

It Happened One Night (1934)

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, Nightrider, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Fidi
post Jun 14 2020, 06:49 AM
Post #17

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 305
Cover Of The Year

Charlie and the... by Zungam

There are so many covers to chosse from...

To Have And Have Not:

As I've already said a few days ago one of the very best custom covers I've ever seen!
I don't think I've to mention your brilliant methods to bring the old black & white images to life. But I do that anyway. That surrounded by a beautiful typo and a perfect choice of images and textures set together at a eye-catching layout makes the perfect cover!

Rebecca:

The next example of your amazing Photoshop skills. If I'm not wrong you've only used black & white images on the front again. You've matched them perfectly and put together a beautiful scenery - the front just looks like a single photo. Absolutely amazing work on the light effects that shine through the window and the shadows.

Edge of Tomorrow:

One of my favourite movies and the pefect cover for it! I just could repeat or copy what Kernie wrote for Clue - I alway wanted to do a cover for it by myself but I don't think I could do better than this. Beside the layout, colors and the execution with all the attention on detail the most exciting thing about this cover is the idea. I just wish it was mine! tongue.gif

There are many more covers theat could be choosen of course.
You and your covers are a big inspiration for me - and many others I think - and you always take the time to offer a helping hand in WIPs. So I hope we will have you around here for many, many more years! cheers.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Nightrider, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Bazzah
post Jun 14 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #18

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

These are more great examples. Bunny is such a great advertisement for our hobby. His skills run across the whole board.

Thank you for being a fantastic inspiration for so many of us

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

abendhei
post Jun 14 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #19

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Cover Designer

Coverart: 67

What a choice of Covers. icon_cool.gif

I choose a few other covers, because many of them has been mentioned yet.

My favorites are:

Loving that Cover for the cold blue coloring.

An effectful design

Great Cover with a very cool double picture bar

This post has been edited by abendhei: Jun 14 2020, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To abendhei For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bunny Dojo, ctaulbee, M0vieM0nster, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Bunny Dojo
post Jun 14 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #20

( •ᴥ• )
Group Icon

Coverart: 384
Label Of The Month

You guys are very kind. I'm a fan of everyone in this thread, so having that reciprocated is a great feeling.

Past and present, this site is filled with the designs of so many talented artists. I'm glad Bazzah liked the idea for this thread series and really excited we'll have opportunities to celebrate them together each week.

This is a bit more overwhelming than expected. Your posts are deeply appreciated. 8834.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bunny Dojo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, M0vieM0nster, Nightrider, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Designer Of The Week · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 12:31 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS