Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fidi
post Apr 4 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Charlie and the... by Zungam

Hey guys,

I have a strange problem:

When I try to paint something on a new layer in the characters group always parts of the layers disappear and I get strange hard edges somewhere in the image (not on the new painted layer). These edgeds disappear when I turn of some of the layers in the group (or the entire group).

Attached Image

Attached Image

I've restarted Photoshop of course and also made a reset ot the settings. My Photoshop version is is CC 2019 and the file is about 2,2 GB at the moment. But it was about 4 GB before and I hadn't this issues back then.

I don't knwo what to do but it's nearly impossible to continue the cover at the moment.
Any ideas what's the problem?

This post has been edited by Fidi: Apr 4 2019, 04:13 PM

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Apr 4 2019, 05:18 PM
Post #2

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

I don't know if this will help or not and might have nothing to do with your problem but one thing I have found with Photoshop that can cause unexpected results and is hard to find the cause, is the order in which it renders things.

It's not always logical like one would think.

So in special case where it matters if one effect or adjustment is rendered before another in the Photoshop kernel the resulting output can look odd while each layer if viewed on it's own would be fine.

This particularity true with layer effects and clipping masks or so I have seen.

One thing one can try is nesting items into smart objects, I have found this to be effective in certain cases.

It's like when writing code sometimes you need a function to occur before the next and you can't physically put it first so you put it in parentheses to force the compiler to process it first even though it appears later, that type of thing.

Smart objects can do that for you by making all the things inside them get rendered before the rest of the effects above it are processed.

or

A smart object layer with effects inside it, then applied as a clipping mask can insure that is all rendered before it is applied as a clipping mask to the layer or group it's clipped to.

Just things to think about, your situation may be none of that and I'm sure there are other things like this that Photoshop does that we don't think about because it does not affect anything we normally do, it usually takes unique combinations of things to highlight logic processing issues and this is likely that in some way.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Fidi, Jazzy, sauron, VincentLupo

Bunny Dojo
post Apr 4 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #3

( •ᴥ• )
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge

Is it a problem with the folder?
Perhaps create a new folder and move everything into that one.

Is it a problem with the canvas?
Duplicate your entire cover to a new canvas, and see if the problem still occurs.

Is it a problem with a specific layer/object?
When the problem occurs, start turning off -- or deleting -- the other items in the folder one-by-one.
(So, delete William H Macy... if there's still a problem, delete Julianne Moore, etc.)

(The symptoms don't 100% match any easy problems that come to mind -- like an unlinked Layer Mask or stray pixels effecting a Blending Option.)

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Bunny Dojo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, sauron, VincentLupo

Fidi
post Apr 5 2019, 06:10 AM
Post #4

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Charlie and the... by Zungam

Thanks guys for taking the time to answer at length. 8834.gif

I've done smart objects out of all character layers/groups but that didn't help. So I've made smart objects out of the smart objects again and that solved the problem for now. ^^

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Apr 5 2019, 07:12 AM
Post #5

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Glad you have it in hand for now at least 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Apr 5 2019, 10:01 AM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Smart move 8834.gif Glad you have it working, so you can carry on.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, VincentLupo

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 21st April 2019 - 08:10 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS