Tagline
Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

230 Pages V  « < 228 229 230  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
merdec
post Jul 2 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #4581

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

Incredible painstaking and meticulous work, thank you!

This post has been edited by merdec: Jul 2 2020, 02:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To merdec For This Post:
       Kernie, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

kalell75
post Jul 2 2020, 04:10 PM
Post #4582

New to the scene
Group Icon

Coverart: 18

Well, just to update, I found the dvd's available between eBay and Amazon, and the first 2 have arrived, Invasion and crisis on Earth-X are here, just waiting for the other s now

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To kalell75 For This Post:
       Bazzah, Kernie, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

Kernie
post Jul 3 2020, 01:03 AM
Post #4583

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,488
Label Of The Year

Thank you for the comments, VincentLupo, ctaulbee, Bazzah, cas, stampe, sauron, WilderMike, wysmommy, merdec, and kalell75!

QUOTE (ctaulbee @ Jun 28 2020, 11:37 PM) *
I love these behind the curtain peeks at the creation and the creator's commentary, thanks for taking the time to post all that Kernie 8824.gif

Thanks, Curt! Perhaps I'll do more of these "behind-the-scenes" posts mid-week between new uploads, just to highlight some of the details that might go unnoticed! 8824.gif

QUOTE (sauron @ Jun 29 2020, 03:14 PM) *
Wow! The amount of work that goes into your covers is mind blowing! The cape in Cinema 4D is awesome - how are you finding Cinema 4D? There’s so much to it, I could never get my head around it.

I've been dabbling in Cinema4D for the better part of a decade now. Can't say that I've ever gotten a really good grasp of it.

For my 3D title treatments, I use a third-party plug-in for Adobe After Effects called Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator. It's super buggy and frequently crashes AE, but I like using it because I'm more familiar with the After Effects interface. I use that to get the basic 3D look, then do a heavy amount of Photoshop to color and texture it. I've still never been able to wrap my head around properly applying textures to 3D models, both in AE and C4D.

Due to 3D Invigorator's limitations, there have been a few covers that I needed to use Cinema 4D for the title treatment (that would be the Netflix Punisher series and the DC Universe Swamp Thing series). The distressed look of those TT's was too much for AE to process in 3D.

I mostly use Cinema 4D for rendering pre-made models for my Photoshop work. I also use it for animated 3D text on some of my video projects for my school. Beyond basic text extrusion, I don't build my own 3D models. I'll grab some free or cheap models on Turbosquid and incorporate them into the designs. Sometimes that's so much easier and provides better results than searching for the perfect stock image taken from the exact angle that I need it.

I'm trying to learn more about C4D because it is so darn powerful, but I find the interface extremely intimidating with panel after panel of words that I don't fully understand. If one little checkbox isn't clicked, the whole thing doesn't work sometimes. But I also realize that if I can take some time to do a few tutorials and start learning how to do more simulations within C4D, then I can create my own custom fabric, fluids, etc. for my work.

Long story short, Cinema 4D is awesome but I'm really a novice with it. 3D is one of those things that you can't fully unlock its potential if you're just dabbling in it like I do. You kind of have to live in that software and almost be exclusively focused on it to truly get good at it. Between learning and improving within Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, and Dreamweaver, I just never had the time or interest to devote to Cinema 4D. But I'm trying little things here and there. 8824.gif

QUOTE (kalell75 @ Jul 2 2020, 12:10 PM) *
Well, just to update, I found the dvd's available between eBay and Amazon, and the first 2 have arrived, Invasion and crisis on Earth-X are here, just waiting for the other s now

Awesome! Would love to see how they look with my covers on them! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, joelazza, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, wysmommy

shepard1378
post Jul 3 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #4584

Valued Member
Group Icon

at first I was wondering why you even bothered making the covers for the crossover events since none of the series has the entire sequence in one whole disc. but now that I just read you can get them on dvd thru amazon or ebay. I understand icon_lol.gif
still very cool crossover covers.

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To shepard1378 For This Post:
       Bazzah, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jul 3 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #4585

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 154

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 3 2020, 02:03 AM) *
I've been dabbling in Cinema4D for the better part of a decade now. Can't say that I've ever gotten a really good grasp of it.

For my 3D title treatments, I use a third-party plug-in for Adobe After Effects called Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator. It's super buggy and frequently crashes AE, but I like using it because I'm more familiar with the After Effects interface. I use that to get the basic 3D look, then do a heavy amount of Photoshop to color and texture it. I've still never been able to wrap my head around properly applying textures to 3D models, both in AE and C4D.

Due to 3D Invigorator's limitations, there have been a few covers that I needed to use Cinema 4D for the title treatment (that would be the Netflix Punisher series and the DC Universe Swamp Thing series). The distressed look of those TT's was too much for AE to process in 3D.

I mostly use Cinema 4D for rendering pre-made models for my Photoshop work. I also use it for animated 3D text on some of my video projects for my school. Beyond basic text extrusion, I don't build my own 3D models. I'll grab some free or cheap models on Turbosquid and incorporate them into the designs. Sometimes that's so much easier and provides better results than searching for the perfect stock image taken from the exact angle that I need it.

I'm trying to learn more about C4D because it is so darn powerful, but I find the interface extremely intimidating with panel after panel of words that I don't fully understand. If one little checkbox isn't clicked, the whole thing doesn't work sometimes. But I also realize that if I can take some time to do a few tutorials and start learning how to do more simulations within C4D, then I can create my own custom fabric, fluids, etc. for my work.

Long story short, Cinema 4D is awesome but I'm really a novice with it. 3D is one of those things that you can't fully unlock its potential if you're just dabbling in it like I do. You kind of have to live in that software and almost be exclusively focused on it to truly get good at it. Between learning and improving within Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, and Dreamweaver, I just never had the time or interest to devote to Cinema 4D. But I'm trying little things here and there. 8824.gif

Wow, you’ve been using it for quite a while then! I suppose knowing 3D Invigorator makes it a little easier or is it completely different?

I’m with you on the UI being very confusing, it’s similar to After Effects as well, there’s so many things you can click into that does the thing you’re after, I think the best I have done is some chrome 3D text lol.gif

I used to use PixelSquid before they made it a payment plan only for my 3D needs, some very nice 3d models on there and TurboSquid.

Anyway, enough rambling, looking forward to seeing what you do with C4D in the future 8834.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Jul 4 2020, 12:56 PM
Post #4586

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (sauron @ Jul 3 2020, 05:06 PM) *
I suppose knowing 3D Invigorator makes it a little easier or is it completely different?

Besides a similar 3D interface that is standard across most 3D software, it's pretty different. Invigorator seems to be a product of the days before After Effects had its own 3D capabilities. I've been using it for about 15 years now, mostly out of habit. It's good for 3D text extrusion, beveled edges, that sort of thing. Cinema4D is probably better in all ways, but like I said, I stick with Invigorator because it's what I'm used to. 8824.gif

--

Kernie's Weekly Cover Update #19: Titans: Season 2!
[Click image to view in gallery]

A relatively small update for a change... here's Season 2 of the DC Universe series Titans. I apologize that this season had finished airing and been on physical media for several months now. I wanted to do all of the current DC shows in (somewhat) alphabetical order, which moved Titans down on the list.

I took the time to binge both seasons a while back, and it wasn't terrible... but it wasn't that good either. It's a mixed bag. Held my interest just enough as I had it on in the background while making covers.

Titans: Season 2 - Blu-ray Edition
Attached Image

Titans: Season 2 - DVD Edition
Attached Image

Enjoy and see you next week! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, garsted, joelazza, merdec, Punisherchad, RRJR84, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

cas
post Jul 4 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #4587

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

wow owowow love the cover is look amazing out as always wowowowwowowowowo

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To cas For This Post:
       Bazzah, Kernie, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

cas
post Jul 4 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #4588

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

wow owowow love the cover is look amazing out as always wowowowwowowowowo

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To cas For This Post:

RRJR84
post Jul 4 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #4589

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 906

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Avengers - Kernie

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie

great job on this kernie, i agree the show isnt amazing but it beats doom patrol by a mile imo

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To RRJR84 For This Post:
       Bazzah, kalell75, Kernie, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

merdec
post Jul 4 2020, 01:38 PM
Post #4590

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks for the wonderful update.

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To merdec For This Post:

kalell75
post Jul 4 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #4591

New to the scene
Group Icon

Coverart: 18

Another fantastic addition as always, not watched this one, been hooked on doom patrol instead, sorry RRJR84

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To kalell75 For This Post:

Bazzah
post Jul 4 2020, 03:19 PM
Post #4592

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,345

All HiRes designers

Yeah, this was an average show. But your cover is far from average. It is much more than the series deserves 8834.gif Awesome work Kernie

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       Kernie, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Speedz0r
post Jul 4 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #4593

Extinct
Group Icon

Coverart: 196
xshoty & Kernie

Awesome Titants cover Kerine 8834.gif

IPB
My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       Bazzah, Kernie, sauron, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jul 4 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #4594

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Coverart: 154

Excellent work Kernie, I’ve not seen the second season yet, mainly because season one was OK like you said, nothing special so I’m in no rush to watch season 2.

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, Kernie, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Punisherchad
post Jul 5 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #4595

The Punisher
Group Icon

Kernie82's Comic Collection

Kernie

I just finished outfitting the last 5 DC animated universe movies I didn't have with your covers after I got them for a steal (side note Constantine City of Demos and Justice League Dark and Dark Apokalips War are underrated the new Wonder Woman one is so so). I also upgraded my Dark Knight and Marvel movies to 4K and treated them to new Kernie covers. It started as one shelf, it's now 3 and counting. I've purchased some movies I didn't even like just to add them to the collection. LOL. Fantastic stuff man. I really appreciate you sharing your talent and hobby with us. It's really special stuff.

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Punisherchad For This Post:

stampe
post Jul 7 2020, 08:16 AM
Post #4596

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Designer

Coverart: 152
Cover Of The Month

Terrific work on Titans Kernie 8834.gif
I agree the show isnt anything special, but better than the CW "soaps" imho lol.

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To stampe For This Post:

Fidi
post Jul 8 2020, 06:21 AM
Post #4597

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Coverart: 305
Cover Of The Year

Charlie and the... by Zungam

I really liked that show and enjoyed watching it. And I liked that they didn't waste too much time with the 1st season's finale in the first episode of the 2nd season. And hey, we finally got Nightwing! 8824.gif

Your title looks great and fits in perfectly! And it's great to see you've decided to use Dick Grayson wearing the Nightwing siut. Maybe Raven should have gotten a spot on the front artwork as well? But yours is working great as well, the color scheme looks beautiful and I like the slightly desaturated and cold look of it. 8834.gif

This post has been edited by Fidi: Jul 8 2020, 08:12 AM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Jul 9 2020, 02:27 AM
Post #4598

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

Thanks cas, RRJR84, merdec, kalell75, Bazzah, Speedz0r, sauron, Punisherchad, stampe, and Fidi for your comments! They are much appreciated! 8824.gif

QUOTE (kalell75 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:39 AM) *
Another fantastic addition as always, not watched this one, been hooked on doom patrol instead, sorry RRJR84

I started Doom Patrol but gave up on it. I hope to give it another try at some point. It was very bizarre. I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't in the mood for such weirdness at the time I was watching it.

QUOTE (sauron @ Jul 4 2020, 01:33 PM) *
Excellent work Kernie, I’ve not seen the second season yet, mainly because season one was OK like you said, nothing special so I’m in no rush to watch season 2.

Season 2 adds some interesting new angles, like Dick's evolution to Nightwing and the introductions of Deathstroke, Superboy, and Bruce Wayne. Note the phrase "interesting," and not necessarily "good." For instance, I can't see this version of Bruce Wayne actually having been Batman. They play him like an old, domineering, billionaire mentor to Dick, as opposed to a former heroic vigilante who is showing Grayson the tough love that he needs. Watching the episodes that he appears in, I was constantly thinking to myself, "This guy doesn't feel like he was ever Batman."

On a purely aesthetic level, I will say that I think the costume designer is doing an excellent job adapting the Robin and Nightwing costumes, as well as those for Jason Todd, Hawk, Dove, and Deathstroke. Even though the stories and characters are lacking, the costumes are pretty spot on.

QUOTE (Punisherchad @ Jul 5 2020, 07:08 PM) *
I just finished outfitting the last 5 DC animated universe movies I didn't have with your covers after I got them for a steal (side note Constantine City of Demos and Justice League Dark and Dark Apokalips War are underrated the new Wonder Woman one is so so). I also upgraded my Dark Knight and Marvel movies to 4K and treated them to new Kernie covers. It started as one shelf, it's now 3 and counting. I've purchased some movies I didn't even like just to add them to the collection. LOL. Fantastic stuff man. I really appreciate you sharing your talent and hobby with us. It's really special stuff.

I haven't gotten around to a cover for Apokolips War yet, but it's on the list. While I appreciate that WB stills seems quite committed to bringing their titles to physical media (unlike *cough* Disney *cough*), it does make a lot more work for me!

Just out of curiosity... what sort of stuff did you "Kernie Buy?" Maybe that can be our new term for things you don't like, but you purchase just to use my covers? 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

QUOTE (Fidi @ Jul 8 2020, 02:21 AM) *
Maybe Raven should have gotten a spot on the front artwork as well?

After the first episode of Season 2 (which was really just the Season 1 finale that they pushed back into Season 2), I can't even recall what Raven did this season. Raven and Beast Boy and a few others really got sidelined in Season 2.

There are a lot of factors that determine which characters appear on a cover.

1. First and foremost, availability and quality of resources. Streaming shows don't get a lot of high-resolution promotional material, mainly because advertisements for them are run primarily on digital platforms at 72 dpi screen resolution instead of 300 dpi print resolution. I've been using Topaz Gigapixel to artificially upscale some medium resolution images that I've been finding... with mixed results. I miss the days of more plentiful high-resolution materials to work with. That being said, after several hours of searching, I was able to find one single promotional image of Raven in her "Season 2 look" and while it would have worked, it brings me to my second factor...

2. I wanted to focus on characters who didn't appear on the Season 1 cover, with the exception of Dick Grayson as he is the "star" of the show and also developed into the basically "new" character of Nightwing. Rather than repeating characters, I'm trying to cycle them though, especially on a team show such as Titans. Heck, I still haven't been able to work in Hawk and Dove yet... and they're pretty major characters.

3. A lot of times it also comes down to the way all of the images work together. It's like arranging puzzle pieces so that they all fit. If I use this image of Nightwing with the escrima sticks (which was pretty much the only medium-res image of Nightwing out there), then I have to find photos of other characters in poses that are not blocked by his sticks. If I use this image of Donna Troy, I have to make sure that her hair isn't so big that it blocks Jason Todd's face. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, Fidi... but maybe others don't realize that all of these little logistical things can really affect the end result of a cover.

I can't tell you how many times I've painstakingly masked out two characters, only to find that I can't put them side-by-side because something about one character's pose (hair, arm, shoulder) blocks an important part of the other (like their face, chest insignia, etc.). I've gotten to the point where I can look at two images and kind of imagine how they will work together, which saves me from wasting time, but it can be extremely frustrating when working with very limited worthwhile resources. In particular, my Infinity War and Endgame covers were major bootcamps in this regard. 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, kalell75, merdec, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

230 Pages V  « < 228 229 230
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 01:03 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS