Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post Aug 9 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 988

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

In my experience, hyped movies let you down. You hear all these great things, and go in to the theatre expecting greatness. Normally they don't deliver, but The Dark Knight delivered ten fold for me. I was amazed by the story line, the CGI, the actors... everything. I know most people will find lot's of faults, and flaws in the story line etc, but I really have nothing negative to say about this, other than no one will ever replace Heath Ledger. Everything good you have heard about his performance is true. He plays a perfect funny, creepy, likeable and hateable character. From the creepy constant licking of his lips, to his magic tricks, even to wearing ladies clothing, he is remarkable, and 100% believable. You do not need to be a Batman fan to enjoy this, as it will appeal to anyone with good movie sense. Currently the highest voted movie on IMDB, and breaking all sorts of records, this is one of those movies you have to go and see, even if it doesn't appeal to you. You are guaranteed excitement, suspense and a good laugh!

I was lucky enough to see this in iMax, where they had filmed several scenes specifically for the huge screen, and it is amazing. You get a sensation that you are going to fall into the screen. So if you can get to an iMax to see it, it is worth it!!

Since taking my partner to see this (she used to hate Batman before I made her watch Batman Begins, and now she is hooked) we have been debating who could possibly come close to Heath Ledgers performance, and I think I have it figured out. Johnny Depp. I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean again, and all I kept thinking of is what a great character he would play in Batman. That's how much I enjoyed The Dark Knight. Even when busy watching other great movies, I am still thinking of The Dark Knight! So who do you think would make a good 'baddie' and why?

My verdict.....

10/10 for everything.

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Lulubelle_*
post Aug 9 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Guests

my verdict is 7/10

The movie was over hyped and about an hour too long. I thought Heath played the part excellently but his performance is being overcast by people ranting about it purely because of the circumstances of his death.

I was disappointed, and I'm a HUGE batman fan....but I love Christian Bale, and I thought that Maggie G was just completely wrong casting, they should have just left Rachel's character out completely.

I do agree that Johnny Depp would be a good substitute though, but then I think that man could play anything and make it good.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Aug 9 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Retired
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 263

Bunny Dojo

I'm not a movie goer since I find the picture and audio quality at home more enjoyable. This is the only film I'll see in the theater this year and It's by far the best comic book based movie. And it's pretty high up there among crime dramas too. I found no faults either. Joker is played so twisted, its gonna be tough to follow that performance. But if anyone can do it, Depp could. Personally, I wouldnt want to see Joker again. He came and went like a tornado. I consider his arc over. As for future villains, I have no idea. TDK is going to be awful tough to follow. Looking forward to seeing this in Blu-ray glory.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Aug 9 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Retired
Group Icon

Bunny Dojo

There are lots of Huge Batman fans out there. Of course it depends on the interpretation. Some love the campy Adam West, others love that Gothic Burton version. And many apparently love this new interpretation.

+Quote Post

dragonbane
post Aug 10 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #5

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 43

there has actually been rumours of johnny depp being in the next batman, it's suspected that he will be playing the Riddler, me personally i think this could be quite an interesting role for him.

IPB

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 10 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #6

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Coverart: 165
My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

The movie was really really good, and Ledger completely stole the show, but that to me is what makes it come just short of the perfect movie award. After watching the movie I now understand why they didn't call it "Batman: The Dark Knight" cause this movie wasn't that much about Batman. They tried the Batman/Joker relationship, but they didn't nail it. So I can only give it an 8.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Aug 10 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #7

Retired
Group Icon

Bunny Dojo

well in interviews Chris Nolan made it clear this movie wasn't all about Batman... or even Joker (and their relationship). This was Harvey Dent's movie... The rise and fall of Gotham's White Knight.

"Well, the way the story is constructed we always imagined that Harvey Dent would form the emotional arc of the story, his story, his tragedy would be the arc of the story, because the purpose of the Joker for us was always that he has no arc, he has no development..."

Read the rest of Nolan's interview here

+Quote Post

kickgole
post Dec 27 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

Yeah!The Dark Knight is pretty good ,but i feel there is something missed that i can't figure out as the former Batman series chin.gif

+Quote Post

lecost900
post Jan 23 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

I absolutely loved The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger played the Joker so well! He made it so realistic, and I loved every second of the movie! The way he kept licking the air as if tasting it was so much like you'd imagine the Joker to be. Heath did an excellent job.

IPB

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Movie Reviews · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 17th August 2019 - 10:54 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS