Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

190 Pages V  « < 188 189 190  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hearttlight
post Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Post #3781

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

I adore your cover. Personally, I really like that Deadpool is now available as PG13. I know my opinion is a rare one, but I think the amazing thing about comics is that they are accessible to all ages. They give kids role models. To then make those inaccessible for anyone younger than 18 has always made me sad. Personally, I tried watching the first Deadpool, but couldn't last more than twenty minutes. It was way too gratuitous for me. I did really enjoy Logan, but that didn't seem nearly as bad.

Anyway, thank you so much for making a cover even for a movie you don't appreciate yourself. And thank you especially for delivering a cover of such high quality regardless!

This post has been edited by Hearttlight: Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Hearttlight For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, VincentLupo

cas
post Yesterday, 01:09 PM
Post #3782

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Wow love the cover it is a wonderful job as always

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To cas For This Post:

Kernie
post Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Post #3783

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month

QUOTE (Hearttlight @ Jan 19 2019, 08:03 AM) *
Personally, I really like that Deadpool is now available as PG13. I know my opinion is a rare one, but I think the amazing thing about comics is that they are accessible to all ages. They give kids role models. To then make those inaccessible for anyone younger than 18 has always made me sad. Personally, I tried watching the first Deadpool, but couldn't last more than twenty minutes. It was way too gratuitous for me.

I understand that Deadpool is not your cup of tea... I really liked the first Deadpool when it first came out in theaters but it's degraded each time I rewatch it. Once the shock value of the jokes are gone, the movie starts to show its flaws. Deadpool 2 seemed like it was trying too hard to recapture that "shock value," while also doing too much universe-building and overstuffing itself with characters from the comics.

Unfortunately, I must disagree with your opinion about the PG-13 rating. You think Deadpool should be a "role model" for kids? All of his actions (especially in the first film) are self-centered... he does very little to help others that doesn't predominantly benefit himself first. He's an anti-hero, not a role model. And I certainly hope that kids are not looking at him as someone to emulate. He directly ignores Colossus' speech about heroism to shoot the bad guy in the head.

Not everything needs to be accessible for all ages, nor should it be. Deadpool and Logan were great because they were allowed to be made for a more mature, adult audience. The Marvel movies are great because they are tame enough for kids, but still provide plenty of enjoyment for adults. Teen Titans Go to the Movies, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Lego Batman, and the DC Super Hero Girls are aimed primarily at kids and have varying degrees of appeal for adults.

There's nothing wrong with making something that is perfect for one type of audience, but inappropriate for another. A kid-friendly Deadpool is as inappropriate as a violent, hard-R Lego DC Super Hero Girls. To revise your statement a bit, I would say that the amazing thing about comics is that they offer something for all ages.

Wishing everything is accessible for everybody is going to make it accessible to nobody.

* Kernie now takes a deep breath and ends his rant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

This post has been edited by Kernie: Yesterday, 01:40 PM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Darksaber, VincentLupo

Darksaber
post Yesterday, 01:49 PM
Post #3784

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I'm not saying anything other than "Quirky", and if it aids a charity so be it. I haven't seen it yet, but it'll probably be on my to buy list for my collection after around 6 months.

Thanks for the covers of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You To Darksaber For This Post:

Kernie
post Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Post #3785

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month

QUOTE (Darksaber @ Jan 19 2019, 08:49 AM) *
I'm not saying anything other than "Quirky", and if it aids a charity so be it. I haven't seen it yet, but it'll probably be on my to buy list for my collection after around 6 months.

I may pick this up out of sheer curiosity if it ends up in the $5 dollar bin somewhere in the future. Although I do realize that it sounds terrible to say, "I'll do something for charity when it's as dirt cheap as possible."

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Darksaber, VincentLupo

190 Pages V  « < 188 189 190
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 20th January 2019 - 07:37 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS